Two Hamburgers, Fries, Coke, Blue Skies, Loot And A Nitro Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
HARVEYS2-1.jpg

After a gruelling 24 hour sinus, headache toothache bed-rest, I woke up this morning feeling great! So, I grabbed my ACE 250/Large coil + Snowpion Cold Stinger, put them in my Saturn Vue and headed for the hills, well almost. I stopped at Harvey's for breakfast. The temp was to go to about zero, but with the wind blowing, it barely got to minus 5C.

bluesky2.jpg

Well kinds feeling on top of the world today, after a great breakfast and blue skies. I had to climb to the top of a hill with Edmonton in the background. Here it is......my home :).

blackandwhite3.jpg

After finding some loot near this area, I headed off to another tundra hill which has had a lot of activity during the last couple of weeks. It was here that I got a strong signal, and a nice gold bracelet appeared as I removed the top 3-4 inches of snow. I bet you I performed at least 6 revolutions on that round bracelet searching the inside for a 10K or 14 K stamp. There were none to be found. I felt that heavy sensation on my chest, the same one that I have experienced several times before when I "thought" that I had found gold. Dang it! Another NITRO today :(

BRACELETLOOT2.jpg

I hit yet another tundra hill on the way home, and again found several more coins. Well, the winds picked up and my stomach was getting a little growly, so I headed home and counted my loot. Those Loonie-one dollar coins sure add up nicely!​

Attachments

• nitro_(2).jpg
    nitro_(2).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 559
  • nitro_(2).jpg
    nitro_(2).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
is that one of those sinus headaches that every time your heart beats your tooth throbs ? being a diver we get those during summer when lake erie becomes a petri dish. I find that taking ibuprofen with benadryl or caracidin helps alleviate alot of the discomfort. both help reduce swelling which is where most of the throbbing comes from.

p.s. that ring is still gorgeous. imagine if it were real. you could take the summer off in style.

happy hunting

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good hunt for the sledding hills! HH, Mike

DougF

Mar 19, 2007
Maryland, USA
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Nice finds and photos - I think Yip Harburg wrote the words to that song, not L. Frank Baum. :wink:

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
THATS A NEW ONE FOR ME

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
crazyjarhead said:
Do you live on those hamburgers ;D Is there still snow up there?? Too bad for you.

I do love hamburgers......but usually only treat myself on my days off. Yes...there's still lots of snow up here. We are falling a little behinds spring this year.

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
the food alone was worth it.......let alone the nitro.......gl and thaw out up there!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
That Harvey's looks good right about now....

Do you ever see dirt?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
lairmo said:
That Harvey's looks good right about now....

Do you ever see dirt?

The dirt should appear in the beginning of May, and remain so until about October. Then the cold and snow sets in, and cycle repeats as it has all my life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread