Two hours yesterday evening=several relics...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out after work for two hours, there was a storm brewing in the distance so I had a nice cool breeze this evening, we didn’t get the much needed storm though. I was driving to the field I’ve been detecting and decided to take the long way around for a recon of the area and found a construction site where they were laying telephone cable. They had scraped the top 6”/15cm of humus off and I was thinking it will be a waste of time as it’s in the middle of nowhere, wrong! Found a nice little medallion in the first few swings and went on to find several relics and a few coins. Here’s some pottery shards from the area, there was a lot of it.
26July06shards.jpg

Some of the miscellaneous relics/junk, haven’t had a chance to clean the finds yet.
26July06misc.jpg

6 glass buttons, another headless horseman and 8 lead seals.
26July06Lseals.jpg

The better relics and coins, upper left is a whatsit, a medallion that has the word Frankfurt with an early style German eagle on the reverse, a holed coin that looks to be 1700s, a brass knob, 1875 copper 2 pfenning, late 1800s 10 pfennig, what looks like a horse harness decoration, a pencil sharpener, a watch winder and another whatsit. Surprisingly, the trash was not bad at this site. HH, Mike
26July06coins.jpg

Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Mike.......those lead seals you keep finding a great finds! you must have one nice collection!....plus like I always say, you can never pass up those construction sites no matter how big they are! WTG Seeker

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Nice stuff, Mike. Is medallion thick or you can easily bend it with fingers?

HH
Sand

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mike awsome finds as usual congrats like those seals :o :o :o

tinpan

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Mike.

Looks like they will clean up well.

Keep up the good work

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Mike. Those lead tokens, how where they used exactly? I have found a few of them but are not sure how ald they are.

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
I'm glad that site turned out to be productive for you.And to have it nearly trash free is a big plus.The finds you made there are fantastic.The lead seals...whatever their use would be are a pretty cool find.All in all it looks like you had a pretty decent day.I hope you get the rain you need there. Best of luck to you! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread