Two IHS and a wheat, than I got dumped on...

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two IH'S and a wheat, than I got dumped on...

Got out about 7:30 this morning and yup high humidity the clouds were dark I new we were going to get rain so I chose an area were I could get back to the car quick my first dig was iffy but deep about ten inches down a nice 1903 IH then a wheat cent at this point I'm about 200 feet from the car another iffy signal another IH about 5 minutes later the rain came out of nowhere and heavy so needless to say I got dumped on but I still got some keepers.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436380335.633172.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436380357.626737.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436380396.592157.jpg

Upvote 13
Great detail on that 1903 IH cent! :thumbsup:
I got caught in some rain today too, maybe the same storm that got you, it arrived at around 11:30 AM.

Well done PP. That IHC is like brand new. Full "Liberty" and all. I only have a few of them, but none of mine look like that one. GL&HH.

Some great Indians there:headbang:

DETECTING IN THE RAIN , PIRATE WAS DETECTING IN THE RAIN AND GOT TO ENGINES CORRECTION INJUNS.

wow that 03 has great detail!, dropped shortly after it was minted I bet!!

great finds!

Congrats on those IHPs. the 1903 came out of the ground a lot cleaner than they do around here.

Isn't it fascinating how differently coins corrode. Lovely detail on the '03. Love it when they come out like that!

Certainly can't argue with the condition of that 1903 Indian. Nice job PP.

WOW!!! That 1903 cleaned up great!!! Congrats PP keep it going! HH

Man that Indian looks awesome. Nice cleaning!!!:thumbsup:

Nice Indians Tony- that 03 is in absolutely unbelievable shape- wish it were an 1877 for you!

-- Jeff --

Wat an IH that is... wow

That 1903 Indian Head Cent is beautiful, congratulations!

Congatz on the IH, funny how some years come out of the ground better looking then others. I too found a stunning IH and it is also a 1903

DSCN0193.JPG DSCN0201.JPG

And yet any of the 1870's I have found have been worse for the year like this unknown date IH (Still puzzling over that last digit)

DSCN0264.JPG

Last edited:
I've found most of my IH at one spot. The ones I've found concentrated in one area were much nicer than the toasted ones found fifty feet away. Soil condition can vary even in a small area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back