Two Ladys and an Eagle

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
I got out with my Vision to an old spot that I have hunted 100s of times. These targets came in so good that it was like I had never hunted that spot before. I have hunted that tree at least 50 times. And yet there they were. First the Merc then the Eagle and last the Barber half. They were all down about 5 to 6 inches. And came in clear as a bell. Take a look at the eagle any ideas of what it came from???

Attachments

• coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 897
  • coins 004.jpg
    coins 004.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 901
  • coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 891
  • coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 900
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just went out and dug a Barber Half. You fascinate, yet sicken me. Just went out and dug a Barber Half. What did you detect with before? Got the Silver Eagle, and the DFX, getting reports that the Vision is kind of like an updated marriage of those two. Sorry, no idea of age or any other help, (just what you want to read), but someone here will know. They's got one of them Think Tank's here!

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some great finds on a spot hunted many times before :icon_thumright:

What kind of detector did you use before? It is funny how you can cover area previously hunted and still recover great finds.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Very nice finds from a hard hit area.

I'm also wondering what kind of MD'er you used before.

OP
OP
L

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
IronSpike said:
That's some great finds on a spot hunted many times before :icon_thumright:

What kind of detector did you use before? It is funny how you can cover area previously hunted and still recover great finds.
My old detector was a DFX I had it for about 5 yrs.. This area has tons of trash in it, with the Vision it gives me more info about the target. I like this detector!

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you're mastering your new vision :icon_thumright: What does one sell for?

Post a pic of the eagle (front and back) in "What is it?"

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds....Matt

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some fine ladys!!

OP
OP
L

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
IronSpike said:
Looks like you're mastering your new vision :icon_thumright: What does one sell for?

Post a pic of the eagle (front and back) in "What is it?"
A Vision sells for around 1650.00 And the Eagle is some kind of pin.

bigealive

May 20, 2008
Good Thunder, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 - Pro Pointer
I am sorry but I purchased a vision for the simple fact that it seemed to be the state of the art detector this year. Last year I upgraded to a Garrett 2500 from the Garrett 1350 but The Vision is still a joke. Maybe, I am missing something but it is a joke compared to the The 2500. Little more depth but no where near the creature comforts.
Don't take this the wrong way very nice finds (I haven't found a barber half yet here in MN) but The 2500 has extremely better outcomes then the vision. MY waste of money!

OP
OP
L

Lucky Hat

Mar 28, 2009
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision
bigealive said:
I am sorry but I purchased a vision for the simple fact that it seemed to be the state of the art detector this year. Last year I upgraded to a Garrett 2500 from the Garrett 1350 but The Vision is still a joke. Maybe, I am missing something but it is a joke compared to the The 2500. Little more depth but no where near the creature comforts.
Don't take this the wrong way very nice finds (I haven't found a barber half yet here in MN) but The 2500 has extremely better outcomes then the vision. MY waste of money!
You might be missing something. Like the instruction manual. Mine did not come with one. I had to go to you tube for info and talked to the guy who engineered it (Bob) at Whites to get my answers. It is a very complex unit. I went from a DFX to the Vision. They are completely different machines. It took me awhile to set the cordless head phones to different freq. But I kept at it. My buddy who is 71 hated it at first, wanted to send it back. But now he loves it. It is not a starter unit that's for sure. Call Steve at White's of Oregon. He'll help you out. Or ask me I'm sure I have made all the mistakes twice. Good Luck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread