Two Lake Erie Beach - water hunts

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I bought a used Excalibur 1000 back in the spring and have just recently put a little time in with it.

I went out to Mentor Headlands SP Beach.
MentorHeadlands.jpg

The Lake was too rough to really hunt the water – it’s a steep drop off and there was a strong current. So I had to stick to the beach. Finds for the hour I put in were pretty sad:
MentorHeadlandsSP.jpg

I did meet another treasure hunter (Fred) and we had some good conversations. He did tell me that I would probably do better in the water.

The next hunt at Lake Erie I made sure there was a south wind. This time I was able to hunt anywhere in the water I wanted. I went to Huntington Beach which is close to me. More sorry results:
HuntingtonBeachstuff.jpg

Only thing that somewhat encouraged me is this cheap braclet.
Waterstuffbraclet.jpg

The third place I hunted at least I found some clad. It was a private campground/swimming hole. I found 3 Quarters, 5 dimes and about a dozen pennies.

Right now I’m not to encouraged with the water hunting thing….. At least now I can usually get the target in the first scoop.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Steve in Cali. said:
Any markings on the bracelet?

Nope - junk. :P

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bob...

You sure do look like a Pro ... :thumbsup:

Stick with it ... Looks like Fun ...

Besides ... It will leave more on the land for us landlubbers ... :icon_king:

Have fun my friend ~ Nick

Thanks Nick. I am a pro. :D ;D :D But that doesn't guarantee results. It is peaceful and something different. I'll keep at it...at least for another month. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will soon find the gold since you are finding pull tabs. Keep at it & Good Luck............

MikeDahms

Jun 25, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
With that kind of trash coming up I have to believe you will be pulling up some good stuff soon. Keep us informed of what your are finding and how you are doing learning the excal. Best to you, Mike.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up, there is gold in those waters.......

The man in the armor suit is a nice find...............He will make a good prop for hanging the first gold ring you find there.....

Good luck and good hunting......

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like my water hunts, I manage a few more coins though, LOL. I have about 20 hours in the water and a long way to go before the detecting gear is paid for. It is a nice detecting change and great on those hot days. HH and good luck, Mike

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,
Is that Spandex you are wearing? :o :wink: Looking good Buddy. :thumbsup:
Keep at it, you'll score some nice bling soon enough. Congrats on getting a water machine. I've always wanted to try that.
The bonus is you can watch the girls on the beach while you ACT like you're detecting. Yeah Baby!!! :tongue3:
See ya this winter.
-Doug-

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're getting out there, it's a start. Give it time. I'm sure there are old goodies (and some new ones) just waiting for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread