Two Large Cents in the same hole-I LOVE THIS HOBBY!DONT YOU-PICS ADDED!!!

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Jun 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER SE-- B.H LEGACY 3300 WITH 11 INCH DD COIL
SO THE DAY STARTED BY POLICE REMOVING ME AND SOME BUDDIES FROM AN AREA OF LAND THAT WAS PRIVATELY OWNED. THEY WERE VERY NICE AND ALSO DID NOT KNOW THE LAND WAS NOT PART OF THE TOWN. SO WE HEADED BACK TO THE SPOT THAT I FOUND MY HALF DIME AND INDIAN HEAD ON V-DAY. 5 MINUTES INTO THE HUNT I GOT AN IFFY SIGNAL AT ABOUT 9 INCHES. IF ITS THAT DEEP IT IS WORTH DIGGING. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY OUT POPPED A LARGE CENT THAT I QUICKLY TOOK OVER TO A STREAM AND RINSED OFF. COULDNT MAKE OUT A DATE YET. BACK TO THE HOLE FOR A RECHECK AND ANOTHER SIGNAL. BY THIS TIME MY BROTHER AND BUDDY WAS ON MY BACK JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT IT WAS. SURE ENOUGH AT ABOUT 9.5 INCHES WAS ANOTHER LARGE CENT ALSO NOT READABLE YET. I WAS IN SHOCK. A HALF DIME AND INJUN ON FEB 13TH AND THIS TODAY. THE CATCH IS THAT THE HOLE WAS ONLY 2 FEET FROM WHERE I DUG THE HALF DIME A FEW DAYS EARLIER. THIS WAS MY BROTHERS FIRST HUNT AND HE IS HOOKED AFTER SEEING THE TWO LARGE CENTS POP OUT. I HAVE THEM SOAKING AND WILL POST PICS VERY SOON. THESE WERE ALL I FOUND BESIDES SOME LEAD FROM BULLETS BUT IM NOT COMPLAINING. ANY TIPS ON CLEANING THESE. I PLAN ON GIVING THEM THE PEROXIDE BATH. THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HH.

ONE IS AN 1841 AND THE OTHER IS A CORONET NOT BRAIDED HAIR DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE LIBERTY MARKER ON HER HEAD IS A DIFFERANT SIZE, I THINK.

Attachments

• large cents same hole reverse.jpg
    large cents same hole reverse.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 226
  • large cents same hole 2-18-2009.jpg
    large cents same hole 2-18-2009.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 947
    47.4 KB · Views: 936
    47.4 KB · Views: 224
  • lgc cent reverse.jpg
    lgc cent reverse.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Two Large Cents in the same hole-I LOVE THIS HOBBY!DONT YOU

Yes, 3% hydrogen peroxide is best when heated. After microwaving the peroxide put coin in it when the bubbles dissapear (hour or two) the solution has done it's job. May need to repeat this process. If you gently rub it with a WET cotton swab it might help remove the loosened crud.

Rick

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
;D NICE ;D

I once found 12 wheat back in one hole. But never a LGC not even one nice find. :tongue3:

HHDDEXPII

S

seger98

Wow, super find, 2 LC in one hole, if that doesn't hook someone I don't know what will! Congratulations...

Chris

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Sweet coins! Good thing you rechecked the hole!
That happened to me once about 2 years ago. 2 Large cents in the same hole.
They were DEEP. Like a foot or more. I might not have found them if they weren't lying together, making a bigger signal than just one of them by itself.
Congrats on the AWESOME finds! :thumbsup:
Sounds like there's still more goodies there!
Good luck!

OP
OP
JJS NEW ENGLAND

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Jun 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
anyone have any ideas on how to get the date off the other lgc. thanks, josh

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Good job Josh, I can't even get 1 in 1 hole :-\.

Tom

M

michigan michael

That is awesome! You have a nice hot spot! Best of luck finding more! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JJS NEW ENGLAND

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Jun 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
i actually just gave them a second bath and i can make out a date on the second lc which is 1838. i have to wet the coin and hold it under a black light but i got it. i will be posting updated pics.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Large Cents.

As far as cleaning I would leave them just as pictured, they don't get to much better than that.

Outsanding job!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread