Two Large Cents

Life Is Good

Nov 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Master Hunter CX Plus
I had a chance to get with my nephew and brother-in-law Mach One and our friends Bedford Bob and his son-in-law. My Dad even made it out to try out his new Infinium.

We met up at the site of the old 1800s tavern that Mach One has been keeping you all up to date on.

My ACE 250 actually out did the big boys today, with their E-Tracs. :laughing7: I was starting to feel left out the last couple of weeks. They have been getting all the great finds. :icon_thumleft:

Well today I dug two large cents. :hello2: They are in poor condition.
The first one can only be identified by the size and it being copper.
The second one I found has some detail, but it's tough to see.

I'd say it was a good day

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• lg cent.jpg
    lg cent.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 411
  • lg cents.jpg
    lg cents.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Way to go. Sometimes the big machine have bad days. I'm still looking to find the biggies. Only good thing I found this year was a few mercs and roseies. But pretty much went to places that been hunted. Hoping next year to get to some of those old places not there no more.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks ike you swung your coil in the right direction. Congs.......Matt

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the rest of us got skunked.

I am so happy to see my brother in law (LIG) get a few goodies... even if it means he has me beat in the Large cent category right now... :wink: It was easy to see the discouragement setting in... which appears to be gone now! :hello2:

Now he has to catch up on half cents, half dimes, and silver 3 centers... + buttons. ;D :laughing9:

When I looked at the coin on the right of his pictures, it appeared to be a draped bust, :icon_thumright: but the year was not legible.

The other coin was worn so thin I don't think anything would bring out an ID on it... :(

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going, LIG!! Big coppers are good. :icon_thumright:

Mach 1 Pilot said:
Now he has to catch up on half cents, half dimes, and silver 3 centers... + buttons. ;D :laughing9:

Man, Mach1, sounds like you guys are rough on him :P ;D

Don't worry, LIG, a lot of stuff is in the 1 to 6 inch range, well within the capability of your Ace.

A friend who hunted one of my sites with his BH cleaned out just about all the coins. Even though I far outdid him on relics (especially deeper ones), it took me 2 years to find a single old coin that he missed (one IH, on edge at 6"), because the coins had all been less than 6 inches deep. The guy was simply very, very good with his machine.

OP
OP
L

Life Is Good

Nov 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Master Hunter CX Plus
Bedfordbob said:
Congrats ! I was glad to see you get these. Most of the time it's who gets their coil over it first ;D

You are right. No dought if you e-trac guys covered that ground first those coins would've been in your pouch. :notworthy:

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. It's always a great day when you dig something in the 1800's, no matter what condition you find it. ;D

Happy digging. :icon_thumleft:

It won't be long till the ground freezes here and the snow covers the ground, ending our hunting season till about March :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread