Two large early 20th c. Oil paintings - Art Nouveau woman and landscape

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I did well here.

There is a lot of writing on the back of the portrait of the woman, but nothing decipherable (to me). There’s even a sticker from, presumably, a gallery or frame shop,
which seems to be as old as the painting itself.

The wilderness painting is signed and inscribed on the back. Name seems to be P. Rosenzwein (sp?), but does not seem to be a listed artist.

Thinking of asking $250 for the woman and $150 for the landscape. Ambitious?

And anyone who can decipher the writing on the back of the art Nouveau woman will be flown into Langley to work with the CIA on handwriting analysis [emoji23][emoji23]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532053294.550035.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532053294.550035.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 220
  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532053317.184673.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532053317.184673.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 153
The landscape is calling me. It’s beautiful. If I didn’t have so much art, I’d go for it. I think it will sell faster than the lady. She’s not as beautiful. Haha.

We have a print of the woman hanging in the bathroom. I'm curious to find out more about her.

We have a print of the woman hanging in the bathroom. I'm curious to find out more about her.

A print or an original? Maybe a copy of a piece by Alfonse Mucha or Gustav Klimt? Or a direct copy of my painting?

The landscape is calling me. It’s beautiful. If I didn’t have so much art, I’d go for it. I think it will sell faster than the lady. She’s not as beautiful. Haha.

That one sneaks up on you, especially in the right light. Wish I could find more by the artist.

very nice paintings, not sure about the artists but I enjoy them.

Here is mine. My wife found it at a flea market almost 40 years ago. It is not as nice as yours. Frame is 12 x 14IMG_2013.JPG

Here is mine. My wife found it at a flea market almost 40 years ago. It is not as nice as yours. Frame is 12 x 14View attachment 1613775

That is crazy! definitely the same subject... I prefer yours. So now it’s time to track down the masterwork our pieces are a copy of.

Here is mine. My wife found it at a flea market almost 40 years ago. It is not as nice as yours. Frame is 12 x 14View attachment 1613775

I have good news for you if this is original and not a print. Artist is Max Nonnenbruch (answer courtesy of Reddit’s Antiques forum), his works sell for tens of thousands at auction. He seems to have copied this painting in quantity; yours, given its level of detail, would almost certainly be by him and not a knockoff.

Here is another copy, opening bid $2,100:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232851508379

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back