Two long bottles, ID needed please

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Well going to try and sell (ebay) most of my bottles and try to raise some money for a Minelab SE. Just going to post them here for you all to help me with ID and value, just in case I have a good one that I should ask more for. Don't know much about the ones I do have.

These two bottles are similar but have some distinct differences. The one on the right has a seam that runs to the lip of the bottle and the one on the left has a seam that seems to gradually disappear up where the neck comes in a bit. The one in the picture on the left has the seem facing the camera. The one on the left also has a smaller lip.

The bottle on the left has 33 stamped on the bottom and the one on the right has 10 stamped on the bottom

Thanks for looking and HH

Attachments

• IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 163

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
They are capers or olive jars and are very common. You would be lucky to get a dollar for them. Sorry to break the bad news.

Wolverine.

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Mich. Wolverine said:
They are capers or olive jars and are very common. You would be lucky to get a dollar for them. Sorry to break the bad news.

Wolverine.

No worries. I don't expect anything I have is worth much of anything but I've never got around to getting them identified so I just want to be sure. We dug all of the bottles I will post around 25 years ago when I was just a kid. Sure can remember how much fun we had digging them up.

Thanks for the ID.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread