Two million homeless, thousands dead and injured!

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL said:
I would rather donate to rebuild Detroit.

I agree, lets fix our backyard first.

Haiti is a S*#&hole with it biggest export being refugees followed by Aids

This is a country that can not stand the USA or white people or (Ghosts as they call them) yet stand in line for its handouts.

With a permanent 9,000 strong Peacekeeping contingent failing daily to keep peace maybe a earthquake can pound some sense into them.

Tourism does not work there because people try to kill the tourists.

Robbery, rape, drugs and selling of children is an everyday occurrence Island wide.

After assisting them with their independence in 2004 they looted all the international aid supplies and tried to kill our marines at every chance.

9 Billion in loans a year and nothing comes of it, all this new money will go to rebuilding the presidential palace with its now collapsed roof.

This stinks of Katrina x 5 with a fake Jamaican accent.

Ask Cuba and the Dominican Republic what they are doing for their next door neighbour and see how big a laugh you get.

Now ask me how I really feel.

22haiti-600.jpg

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
silverswede said:
Am I missing something on the forum? It's been 3 days since the earthquake devastated Haiti and on the forum... dead silence. Can we just let our feelings out on here. Do we have members there? Just some comments, anything?
It's painful for some here to remember that 14 US states can owe
their existence to the efforts of Haiti slaves overthrowing french
colonial rule which led to the Louisiana Land Purchase.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
history is not painful to me --next to the USA --HAITI - IS THE 2ND OLDEST FREE STATE in our area of the world ! (the first slave free one)--- due to the fact that the slaves were the ones that revolted however none of the banking and money investor types would invest in HAITI --thus it just stayed poor thru the years --being ran by one "strong man" govt after the next with the top few getting the benefit and the masses getting little -- very similar to slavery in fact just self inflected in this case .

france sold off the land to the USA , the louisana purchase for 2 reasons -- #1 if they lost the war they were going to do with england they did not want to give over it to Britian as a war prize ( by bargin selling it to the USA they made sure the brits would not get it no matter what --this made the brits mad as heck , they wanted that land -- disagreements over weither or not france had the "rights" to all the land that was sold helped to lead Britain into the war of 1812 with the USA -- 2 france needed the cash to fund its war with britian

clearly the Haitian revolt weakened the french military no doubt about it - causing neapolean to put loiusana on the selling block rather than see the british grab it out from under them -- and who better to sell it to than britians worst foe at the time -- the USA

the biggest "real" impact of the haiti slave revolt was the laws "offically" passed in 1803 that forbid bringing in any more "african" slaves -- in both Britian and in the USA -- the powers that be had learned that having large numbers of slaves in area, that might turn on you and revolt was not a good thing , of course this was passed as a " humanitarian" anti slavery law to put a nice spin on it ( note it did not free existing slaves) rather than just saying --no more slaves to be brought in from africa, sincethey might revolt on us costing us our current slaves and fiscal gains.

wlh1usa

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2010
this is a very saddening event, the people are left to squallier in shacks while the big man in the big house lives like a king, this is the problem, that whole line of thugs should be given to the gangs of machete wielding kids and ill bet there would be more than enough food and beds for the people to use in this dire time, this is just not human , any money given to this cause should be made to go to the people and not some morons in power that probably have a mansion in miami or somewhere in south florida, i have no pity for them when they are caught up with, Goddess help them please

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends,
This latest natural catastrophe only proves my point to always be prepared. Have an emergency plan and supplies. Remember; there will be a loss of all the things you now take for granted---phone, electric, water, food, shelter, and on and on...
Please join me in praying for the people who are devastated by uncontrollable circumstances in Haiti and for others around the world...

Scott

wlh1usa

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2010
looking at those huts on the hill and then looking at the palace, i just cant understand why the people put up with this!! its just not right, its no wonder they want to get out of that country,

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Jeep said:
GL said:
I would rather donate to rebuild Detroit.

I agree, lets fix our backyard first.

Haiti is a S*#&hole with it biggest export being refugees followed by Aids

This is a country that can not stand the USA or white people or (Ghosts as they call them) yet stand in line for its handouts.

With a permanent 9,000 strong Peacekeeping contingent failing daily to keep peace maybe a earthquake can pound some sense into them.

Tourism does not work there because people try to kill the tourists.

Robbery, rape, drugs and selling of children is an everyday occurrence Island wide.

After assisting them with their independence in 2004 they looted all the international aid supplies and tried to kill our marines at every chance.

9 Billion in loans a year and nothing comes of it, all this new money will go to rebuilding the presidential palace with its now collapsed roof.

This stinks of Katrina x 5 with a fake Jamaican accent.

Ask Cuba and the Dominican Republic what they are doing for their next door neighbour and see how big a laugh you get.

Now ask me how I really feel.

Very well stated.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Tee, I think you are on to something here :thumbsup:!! With all of the food and water that we will be supplying to these folks, it only seems reasonable to slip a little sumpin-sumpin in there to kind of stunt the reproductive process of these folks. After these people are brought back to some sort of normalcy, there needs to be some kind of effort to change the culture. Just like there are pockets of this bad culture in this country, Haiti is overrun with it. But the best way to start would be to make sure that they stop reproducing. Gpurs..

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
wlh1usa said:
looking at those huts on the hill and then looking at the palace, i just cant understand why the people put up with this!! its just not right, its no wonder they want to get out of that country,

Yes, that is why third world countries have a military (or at least something called a military).

They're to protect the dictator(s) from the general population.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Right, children aren't puppies, and people aren't dogs. Can't slip a little sterilizing something into the aid given them. That's arrogant. But the way to change thinking is through education, and opportunity. I don't know what it's like to have child after child, and watch some of them die. I do know large families who say there is always enough love to go around. They may not see their plight quiet the same way an outsider does. Seems to me the key to lower population is women's rights, equality and education. As long as poor women are considered second class chattel, there will be a population problem. Give women control over their lives and bodies.

As far as preparedness in a quake prone, poor country, the buildings need to be constructed better of course, and that's a money thing, hard to do in a poor country. One of the Quake websites posted in this forum said that most type of quakes that occur in the Caribbean give a few seconds warning and having a strong sturdy table in each building would increase the survival for some. This seems a little more doable. Kinda like the safe rooms being constructed in Tornado Alley. I know that's just a drop in the bucket, but most women care for their babies, and they will do what they can to keep them safe.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been watching it since they first had the "newsbreak" on the television.

The general consensus in my neighborhood is "That's too bad, but look at how much more could have been done in New Orleans", and all the discussions that go along with that statement................. ::) Especially since we have promised to help them rebuild, and we still have hundreds of displaced people right here in the US.

But, right now, there is really no government in Haiti - the best built places have been damaged (their "palace" and that one hotel were two of the best built places there, and they crumbled, too), so the government there "gave" the US the airport and the lead. The government folks there are just covering their own behinds and hiding out.

I do understand them worrying about the capital, but, much like New Orleans, the poor places outside the city are not even being addressed.

But, I have to agree with packerbacker - tragedy can happen to anyone, and in grand proportions. Its not being paranoid to be ready for the unexpected. There are many who are sleeping on the ground because the buildings aren't safe to go back into - it would be so much better if they had had water, food, etc., to tide them over.

I think many don't talk about it simply because the reality of life - that it all can be taken away in the snap of a finger - has hit many too close to home.

Be a boyscout - be prepared!

B

OP
OP
silverswede

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
I think You are right Mrs O. Since I posted this topic the numbers and scope of this tragedy has skyrocketed out of proportion even to the large sunami's death and distruction. Last nights NBC news showed a huge pile of the dead being burned. Probably more than 10,000 have been buried in a mass grave with no identification. So many surviving family members will never know or be able to mourn the loss. It is very hard to watch and realize that these are all someones husband, wife, child, close friend and say that as a people they were anything less important than if those thousands were in our country and cities. Jeff, if this topic has gone off the deep end and is getting too disturbing or depressing for for folks here please feel free to remove it.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be mistaken but I get the impression that your religion, politics, and history could possibly be justification for any tragic events that may befall you. That could come from basic human nature to think, upon first hearing of such a horrible event, 'Better them than us'. I could have misinterpreted the posts. I don't give a rat's ass about your politics, religion, or culture. They're just people and they obviously need a little help right now. If y'all can get through our immigration laws, I got a little room here at the house, and if you can work I can help you get a job until you get back on your feet and get a place of your own and get that citizenship thing going on. That's about it. And y'all be careful about 'donations'. Scams will proliferate. Don't deal with their government. If you have church missionaries or community groups going over there, that's where I would put my money.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice about the donations!

For every tragedy and every disaster, there are hundreds of scammers ready to take your heart-felt donations!

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread