Two more boxes today (11/27) and it is looking (UPDATED)

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bleak. Looked at all the ends and no silver. Opened five rolls so far to spend and nothing. Oh well, its not like I have not been skunked before! I am taking a run to Las Vegas this Friday (driving), and plan on making many stops at small town banks. HCRH all.

11/29 - It turned out to be as bleak as it was looking. NO SILVER at all. The only bright side was I finally found my first 1977D double die. It is not as prominent as the 1974D, but I can see it in the RUST of the word TRUST. Sorry, not pics yet as I have not figured out how to take close ups yet with my digi camera.

Upvote 0

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Re: Two more boxes today (11/27) and it is looking

Well, good luck wit dem boxes....

When I pick up my box at the bank, first thing I do is search the ends of the top layer, and of course I can see the top end of the bottom layer when doing so. If I find a silver on one end of a roll, I open that roll then and there just because!
:)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Re: Two more boxes today (11/27) and it is looking

Good luck with the rest of your boxes and your finds during your trip. Hope you do very well.

Rev

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the trip will turn out better than the boxes! HH all

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Some digital cameras have an up-close setting. Those that don't, you'd do better to take the picture from a good two or three feet distance, and just zoom in. You may have already tried this, hope it helps in any way...

Good job on your dd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread