Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Two more recent ring recoveries from chest deep water will probably be the last of the season for me, barring any late season storms that may tear up the beaches. All-in-all it was a pretty successful summer with 27 rings finding their way into my scoop along with a bunch of junk jewelry, coins, and a variety of other interesting drops. Probably 98%+ of all my finds were made in waist-to-chest deep water, or in the wet sand, as opposed to the dry sand which I don't waste my time with anymore. About half the rings were gold or silver, with some stainless steel, titanium, and tungsten carbide thrown in along with a few junkers. The one class ring I found from a local high school will hopefully be returned soon. And I couldn't believe how many match box cars were found in deep water. I found about 20 in all, but have been giving them away to my neighbor's grandchild. I definitely spent a lot of hours in the water this summer (dodging jellyfish and sharks :laughing7:), and gained a bunch of experience as this is still a relatively new pastime for me. At least it gives me a way to get through the boring summer months. Hopefully the next finds I post will be 300-400 years older as I slowly work my way back into the colonial fields.

Attachments

• beach 2015a.jpg
    beach 2015a.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 169
  • beach 2015b.jpg
    beach 2015b.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 190
  • beach 2015c.jpg
    beach 2015c.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 21
That's a lot of rings!!Simply awesome;)

Congrats on a great summer of learning and fun! Good luck with your colonial digs.

Lots of nice finds, congratulations

Looks like you had a GREAT SUMMER!!! Congratz on all the jewelry AND on that Morgan!!!

Nice rings now get back in them fields and show us all how the master does it! Polish up them license plates up because it's cut-silver time!!

Steve

I am not sure if this was your first.. but...
Not a bad water summer Bill. Well done.

Last edited:
Congrats on pulling that amazing amount of bling. :occasion14: GL in the colonial filed

What a summer Bill! That's a whole mess of rings. I'm really excited to see what you guys pull out of the colonial fields this season. Seeing your posts will get me pumped up to get out and swing as much as possible.

Great water season you had there Bill; but, the weather hasn't cooled off yet to completely call an end! You probably have another two more weeks you can get in. I'm still seeing tons of beachgoers here in NY ready to unknowingly drop me some goodies. :)

-TwoYewts

Love the pic with all of the rings on your hand! What a statement it makes to our awesome hobby! Glad you had a good season...8-)

HH,
Moon

You are a master of your detecting craft! Wether in water or on land! Awesome collection of summer finds!
Bet you're ready for those magic fields!

That one ring still creeps me out tho lol!

Now thats alot of rings!
Nice collection.
Look forward to see your land hunts soon.

Great water season for you Bill! Now stop playing in the sand so we can hit the fields.

Bill, you certainly racked up the bling this year. You are getting pretty good hunting in the water. Any thoughts about following Dan into the inland streams?

While you wait for the colonial spots to open up, hunting that water certainly pays off! Nice rings man, you did great!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back