Two New Places To Hunt

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out trolling for someplace to hunt this afternoon and found TWO! One has an old tractor shed on it and the other is where a bridge used to cross a slough. The slough is dried up now and the road has a new bridge about 100 yards from where the old one was. I used to fish the slough under the bridge when I was a teenager. A lot went on up on the banks near the bridge. I think I have the right location, so maybe at least some pocket spill coins. The tractor shed is in another location and probably hasn't been used in 30-40 years. It is on land that once was in my family. It was sold sometime between the 1870's and 1940's. Should be interesting. The bad part is that it will be Monday before I can go. Between doctor appointment tomorrow, GPAA chapter meeting Saturday and son & daughter-in-law coming on Sunday, I am pretty well tied up. But whatever might be there now has been there for a while. I doubt it disappears before Monday!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting. Just make sure you have permission if it's private property.

OP
OP
ThTx

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Cuda, that's for sure and for certain. I never hunt private land without permission. On top of being dangerous (getting shot) and being illegal (going to jail), it is just plain wrong. I come from the generation that was taught right from wrong an a very early age.

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you like better Teknetics or Garrett?

OP
OP
ThTx

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you like better Teknetics or Garrett?

Welcome to T'net!

The answer to your question depends on what I'm hunting and where. I guess if I had to just pick one detector to use no matter where I was or what I was looking for, I would have to say the AT Pro. Does it all well. But, there are better detectors for specific things. For instance gold nugget shooting. The AT Gold, or the G2 or Gold Bug series might have an edge there. And if I was still diving, probably the Sea Hunter, Infinium LS, CZ21 or 1280X for underwater work. Just too many variables to pick just one detector. If you have something specific in mind, PM me and we can discuss it at length.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck out there.

OP
OP
ThTx

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to hunt the equipment shed for a short while on Monday. A few old pieces of iron, but nothing to brag about yet. Too cold to stay out very long today, but I checked out the slough site just to see what I was going to get in to.

Slough One.jpg

The posts sticking up are the pilings from the old bridge.

Slough Two.jpg

Definitely machete time!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be too much work to me. I'd get a good gas powered weed whacker or brush hog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread