TWO of 4 "YES", and TWO good coins...

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A. I went to one grocery store I hadn't been to, and a young assistant customer service manager said, "Sure".
B. On one store I was rejected at TWICE I got a "go ahead" from a different person, however that will be a last.
C. On the third, I was rejected again, for the 2nd time, which leads me to my New Strategy. THE EXCHANGE...

"Not Buy, simply exchange Coin for Coin"

I have purchased a nice store Logo reusable bad, and filled it with about 300 half dollars. THE STRATEGY:

1. "I would like to get a current coin count on the SSCC (self service coin counter) for half-dollars".
(after some back and forth, inevitably)
2. "I'm a hobbyist and I know it sounds a little weird, however I look for errors, or oddities, tokens, (etc...)"

3. This way, "the store doesn't have to re-set the coin counter, or have some accounting discrepancy, or cash in a coin bag, etc."

Surely Corporate Policy, if there is one, as stated to me occasionally, may shut this down. Til then I will be open to REJECTION!

(1) 1964 and a decent 1958 Franklin. I paid for gas and the new Strategy/Talking point did actually work. Logic won!!!

2 of 4 Procery.jpg

Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recoveries...Good Luck in future places to exchange! :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice recoveries...Good Luck in future places to exchange! :occasion14:

Two things are factors of success:

1. Was that store "searched" recently, or the stores in that Market Area searched.
2. Who are the managers/customer service folks, what is their mind-set, opinion on working with such a request....

A third factor is my own developed awareness of the associated concerns/policies/procedures of the store:

1. SSCC keeps a "coin count" and "total".
2. This is ACCOUNTED FOR DAILY.
3. Taking coins out, WHICH MAY BE FINE, results in "the SSCC being short" and "the OFFICE being OVER", or "simply putting cash in the bag".
4. The coin counter CAN BE reset, and some store employees are hip to doing this, others see this as a problem.

Instead of "buying the coins", I am now interested in "exchanging them for other coins, no need to reset the counter"...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread