curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FSCN2508.JPG ......the orange one on the left looks older than the rest, or at least by a novice artist maybe?

Upvote 0
Real nice stuff.. that type of painted pottery is very diagnostic.
Looks like it came from a very sheltered area.

thats some nice pottery kat ,i never see it ,thanks for sharing

Any chance of seeing the bottom of the bowls? I know in ancient time around here they had feet on them. I have actually found a foot of a bowl.

Nice stuff. I would give anything to find that pretty brown pottery with the designs. It is really pretty.

I'm jealous. All my pottery finds are bits and pieces Nice artifacts Kat!

No joke that's very nice pottery I rarely find any nice finds !!!!

Gee....very nice of you all, thanks! Sorry there are no "legs" on the bowl....don't have any with them, all rounded on bottom. Do have some "handles", will have to take pictures of those. :)

Gee....very nice of you all, thanks! Sorry there are no "legs" on the bowl....don't have any with them, all rounded on bottom. Do have some "handles", will have to take pictures of those. :)

Well I have a couple of pieces off a bowl I am trying to find some like them is the reason I asked to see. I dont know if it is a small bowl or something else.

Hey Rock....here's the bottoms for yaRSCN2751.JPG.......:)

you take some nice pics there girl.

Las Cruces here.

Nice, I always do 2 or 3 types of hunts as Im out and about. I am finding early settlers pieces of bowls and plates, but nothing like you posted yet. Im in southern New Mexico. Save some for the rest of us, thats a great hunt.

Thanks for the view of the bottoms.

Your welcome rock....and thanks everyone :)

I wonder why they made them that shape.... They are awesome.

EFFIGY SHELL BOWLS@!!!@!

They really do look like shells, especially the small one!

Think maybe it has to do with "fitting" the owners hand tom. If you tried it, it really just feels more comfortable, more so than the "round" ones..... custom made maybe? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back