Two Reale Day!!! PICTURES ADDED

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Good darn day...dug a 1 reale 1781 and then.. not a foot away dug a 2 reale 1774!!! I just got back home so pictures will have to wait until tomorrow... also found 3 ringers.. pistol bullet.. nice Eagle I button and a bunch of flat buttons... good day out all around!!

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• DSCN0384.JPG
    DSCN0384.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,325
  • DSCN0385.JPG
    DSCN0385.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,322
  • reale_obv.jpg
    reale_obv.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,316
  • reale_rev.jpg
    reale_rev.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,305
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Two Reale Day!!!

Mark.....hurry..hurry..hurry..with those pictures!! :blob9: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob3:

Congratulations!! A one reale..and a two reale...does that make it a three reale day?? :) ::) :P

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Mona Lisa said:
Mark.....hurry..hurry..hurry..with those pictures!! :blob9: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob3:

Congratulations!! A one reale..and a two reale...does that make it a three reale day?? :) ::) :P

Well now.. don't great minds think alike!! That was my joke of the day yesterday!!! "Well.. technically.. I found THREE Reales... ";-) by buddy popped two coppers.. one a 1817 Large Cent.. still cleaning the other... but it is nice and thick..so should be able to identify it..

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man oh man let me tell you, buddy...you already know that those two-1700's silver-hunts don't come around too often! Nice work on those. Sounds like you got some great relics to boot...I can't wait to see the photos. Those dates are the exact same dates of my last two 1700's Reales from February. (Except the face values of mine were a 1 Real and a Half-Reale).

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

BuckleBoy said:
Man oh man let me tell you, buddy...you already know that those two-1700's silver-hunts don't come around too often! Nice work on those. Sounds like you got some great relics to boot...I can't wait to see the photos. Those dates are the exact same dates of my last two 1700's Reales from February. (Except the face values of mine were a 1 Real and a Half-Reale).

Regards,

Buckleboy
That was a first for me!! I dug a Reale and two coppers once.. but never two Reales!!! ;-) It is an old housesite that continues to produce that is 4 coppers and 2 silvers and a lot of buttons and misc CW relics. The first reale was shallow.. and I had tons of hits so started just digging out the area.. found two little buttons and pieces of 3 different knifes in the "hole" which grew to 2 feet around.. the send Reale was 8 to 10 inches.. I only found it because there was plenty of other stuff coming out of the hole.. including lots of glass and pottery.. found a pontail bottle base pretty deep too... so.. there will be lots of digging there this spring!!

MonkeyBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a great little spot, MonkeyBoy. Now...how's about some photos, CryptoMonkey?

:D

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey Mark

I always enjoy reading your posts for they are full of detail and information that is useful and insightful, plus you tell a good story.

This post is no exception but a two reale dig deserves a congrats on a job well done.

Sounds like there is considerable stuff yet in that hole to be dug and be sure to share what you find regardless of shape etc.

That is an exciting site... no doubt... whew

HH

Sanat

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos! And congratulations again on some excellent recoveries!!!

-Buckleboy

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig's congrat's ! Sound's like a great place to dig the privy if you can find it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Buckles Mahaffey said:
Sounds like a great little spot, MonkeyBoy. Now...how's about some photos, CryptoMonkey?

:D

"CryptoMonkey".. hmm.. that was my last job!! ;-) I have some pics coming of the coppers too... the other copper was a 17XX Large Cent!! Really good day all around!!

MonkeyBoy

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me see.... 2 reales found REAL close to each other and some large cents too... I'd be at that spot with a headlamp on and tell my wife not to wait up for me :)

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Joe G said:
Let me see.... 2 reales found REAL close to each other and some large cents too... I'd be at that spot with a headlamp on and tell my wife not to wait up for me :)

HA! We spent more then 8 hours there! Hunted the fields around it too.. there is a pretty large area that NEEDS to be just dug out by hand down to the foot mark or so. I think the house burned.. there is a rough ash layer so who knows what else is there!! I need to find the bottle dump and privy!!

MonkeyBoy

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Sanat said:
Hey Mark

I always enjoy reading your posts for they are full of detail and information that is useful and insightful, plus you tell a good story.

This post is no exception but a two reale dig deserves a congrats on a job well done.

Sounds like there is considerable stuff yet in that hole to be dug and be sure to share what you find regardless of shape etc.

That is an exciting site... no doubt... whew

HH

Sanat

Thanks!! ;-) I am going to end up digging out the whole area!! The "good stuff" seems to be deep.. at about a foot or so.. mixed in with a lot of house stuff.. trash.. pottery.. glass and ash.. so the DFX isn't getting that deep there. it is going to be a manual dig!!

MonkeyBoy

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When bill and ted said ; "Royal ugly dude!" they where talking about Carlos the third of Spain! Nice finds, Kane23

alexndad

Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Starting out with Radio Shack
Incredible.......perhaps one day.....we too should be so lucky!!!!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! I have found two reales in two years but to find to in a day would be outstanding!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread