Two Rings side by side~

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got done with honey-dos and got out into blazing sticky hot 85 degrees, 87% Humidity and UV of 11. Yep sucks to be me. First I Worked three dirt/removed sod piles from RV sites. After finding three nails, two self tapping screws and 7 lawn staples I looked around for shade! We have a RC racetrack that is shaded by huge oaks. I wasn't expecting much as the guys that use it once a week are the type that picks up pennies. So I started and was surprised that after about 10 minutes I had hit nothing but the occasional over lap getting too close to the fence. Then wham! I could tell it was iron and over a foot down. Having nothing better to do I decided to dig it. Up came the first ring. I did not do a final check with my pinpointer to check for something else. WRONG! I filled in the "Excavation". I immediately took a hit for iron showing over a foot deep again. So I had another "Excavation" and up came the second ring! They are iron 2-3/4" OD and 2" ID. So the greenie learns another lesson. I think they are too perfectly round to be Spanish which came right through here heading to camp at the spring. Told myself I was going to dig until I found a coin or saw a snake. I literally tore a zinc penny out of the ground and left before I saw a snake! I hate snakes!

Attachments

• 20180414_174914.jpg
    20180414_174914.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 8

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
snakes are good, has one ever killed you?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks like the mules got loose.Congrats :thumbsup:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I WAS MUGGED BY TICKS WERE I LIVE..

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to ring it up!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
S

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the fun responses. You are a fun group! As far as the snakes go I have my reasons and lots of experience having been a outdoorsman my entire life. Growing up in Florida and living out west they were everywhere. I lived in Alaska for 10 years just because there aren't any up there...instead there was bears...big BIG bears!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you got out on a sunny warm day. Still cold here in southern Ontario. Congrats on you finds. Send some of that warm weather this way.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread