Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Numbers 001.jpg View attachment 679023

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"During that year I had the lock broken, and with the exception of the two letters addressed to myself, and some old receipts, found only some unintelligible papers, covered with figures, and totally incomprehensible to me."

Justintime believes his DIO map was in the box.
Someone believes the mysterious pieces of paper you're displaying were in the box.
Someone else believes a forth cipher was also in the box, etc., etc., etc.

The statement above is only "somewhat" specific and perhaps leaves a bit of room as far as "unintelligible papers, covered with figures,.." Without any actual proof I suppose it all comes down to what someone wants to believe.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"During that year I had the lock broken, and with the exception of the two letters addressed to myself, and some old receipts, found only some unintelligible papers, covered with figures, and totally incomprehensible to me."

Someone believes the mysterious pieces of paper you're displaying were in the box.

The statement above is only "somewhat" specific and perhaps leaves a bit of room as far as "unintelligible papers, covered with figures,.." Without any actual proof I suppose it all comes down to what someone wants to believe.

BOTH the BEALE PAPER(S) & the HART PAPERS "stated" something about papers covered with FIGURES, not NUMBERS... THAT always concerned me; I figure ppl ALWAYS knew what NUMBERS were (looked like); hmmm... what you have ARE NUMBERS.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the ladies tell Reb all the time that he has a very manly figure, or that he is a fantastic figure of a man. :laughing7: So, if we apply the word loosely it could mean anything, even to the point that actual carved figurines had been placed on top of the papers. Hence all the claims over the years.

PS: Those papers could have been in the box. But on the other hand we have to remember that there's no proof the box or the contents ever exited at all. Then again, those could be the unintelligible pieces of paper the author was looking for. Who's to say.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I'm sure the ladies tell Reb all the time that he has a very manly figure, or that he is a fantastic figure of a man. :laughing7: So, if we apply the word loosely it could mean anything, even to the point that actual carved figurines had been placed on top of the papers. Hence all the claims over the years.

PS: Those papers could have been in the box. But on the other hand we have to remember that there's no proof the box or the contents ever exited at all. Then again, those could be the unintelligible pieces of paper the author was looking for. Who's to say.

Well, the ORIGINALS coulda been in Hebrew, then "translated" to NUMBERS...

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those two pieces of paper are a "MAP" of the treasures location. We deciphered it in 2001.

And here we go.....a hundred such claims exist, all resulting from different applications with different solutions....and this from a couple of pieces of paper with random numbers that may never have had anything at all to do with the Beale story or a treasure. There are hundreds, if not thousands of solutions for both C1 & C3 and no two of them used the same process or arrived at the same solution. At best these two papers are an "X" factor that should be put on file and left alone until it can be proven that they are in fact related to the ciphers in some way. Otherwise, they will simply lead to a thousand completely meaningless solutions to further lead everyone astray.

OP
OP
M

monroe35

Sep 7, 2012
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Numbers & Beale Maps

I felt the same way for years, then I started looking closer at the "numbers". When you increase the size and look, you can see things other than numbers even though the ink has worn down. I guessed that they could be survey marks or "clues" to redraw a map. At first I couldn't orient the marks, if a map, or determine the beginning point. Then I picked up on a direction and an angle from another source, and started trying to pin down the base line through the "4". Eventually after many drawings, I found the base line. The 7 maps I found in BC3 attach to the base line. I will show 2 of the maps which begin and end at the "Tavern", the decoding procedure and the translation of what I call Map 4 and map 7. monroe35

Attachments

• BC3 - Map 4.pdf
    32.1 KB · Views: 107
  • BC3, Map 4 and Translation.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 115
  • BC 3, Map 7, Mtes and Bounds.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 89
  • BC3 - Map 7 Decoded-1.pdf
    165 KB · Views: 99
  • BC3 - Map 7.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
M

monroe35

Sep 7, 2012
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Kinda ESOTERIC, ya know...

Whoa! I haven't seen that word in a long time. I didn't realize I was flying that high. You're right. It's not easy reading. I can't remember how many hours I spent just doing scansion with literature and sounding letters. But I enjoyed it. monroe35

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Whoa! I haven't seen that word in a long time. I didn't realize I was flying that high. You're right. It's not easy reading. I can't remember how many hours I spent just doing scansion with literature and sounding letters. But I enjoyed it. monroe35

I am VERY experienced in ESOTERIC I & R; MOST ppl on TN just want the "where is it?" stuff... and that is ok. Esoteric I & R IS fun... yet, LONELY; HIGHLY "philosophical"... yet, ENLIGHTENING! Here is just a small "example": Thomas Jefferson, DOI, Robert MORRIS ("money bag" of the FIRST War of Independence... America vs Great Britain); Thomas Jefferson was the leader of the FIRST REBELS! CONFEDERATE WAR: SECOND REBELS (JD, etc.) DOI as "broadside" against Abe, & "the UNION"... FC Hutter Payroll Dept. CSA (NOT a "money bag", tho) in the SECOND War of Independence aka War for SOUTHERN Independence... CONFEDERATE WAR. LOTS of ESOTERIC stuff found... BUT! WHO would believe it? HA!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and the passage of the 14th Amendment which took the vote away from all who served the CAUSE and ushered it RECONSTRUCTION which deprived the SOUTH of any legal means of defense against the iniquitous government of carpetbaggers and scalawags which created southern resistance groups which brings use to a CSA thing and Beale.
Esoteric stuff ...indeed!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1872 opinion in the NORTH compelled the Republican congress to pass the AMNESTY ACT,which removed the political disqualifications for all but about 500 who the served the CAUSE.When Hayes succeeded Grant as President,he finally withdrew the last of the Federal troops from the former CSA in 1877."HOME RULE",for all intents and purposes returned to the SOUTH.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So before 1885, we had SOUTHERN colonies in Brazil, Mexico; CSA "outlaws" in Texas, Missouri, etc. Plain old anti-FED outlaws "out west"... read ALL the literature up to 1884/85. "Insights" can be gained; even Mark Twain was "involved"... LOL!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
MAYBE... by 1885; MORE?
Cleveland was President during "THE GREAT UPHEAVAL" with many conflicts between labor and capital,that he had to cite the provision in the CONSTITUTION authorizing the federal government to protect the states "against domestic violence" (Art IV Sect4).
Cleveland also increased the pension amount for those who fought in the Civil War,and their dependents,and...his "rebel flag" order of April 30,1887 instructing the Adjutant General to return to the Southern states a number of flags which had been captured from the CSA armies.Of course,a storm of protest arose over this "reconition of the lost cause".
It was time for the BEALE PHAMPHLET to appear.
Put it all in context.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So before 1885, we had SOUTHERN colonies in Brazil, Mexico; CSA "outlaws" in Texas, Missouri, etc. Plain old anti-FED outlaws "out west"... read ALL the literature up to 1884/85. "Insights" can be gained; even Mark Twain was "involved"... LOL!
Outlaws or RESISTANCE? What would Gen Shelby say?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Outlaws or RESISTANCE? What would Gen Shelby say?
YEP! The Sibley Expedition also was important for TX... Shelby Expedition was after the CONFEDERATE WAR, when Gen. Shelby lead some ex-CSA REBELS to Mexico; ANOTHER great story from THAT! 1862 was the year for the SIBLEY EXPEDITION. "It was in 1862..." ("BP").

Last edited:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
I am VERY experienced in ESOTERIC I & R; MOST ppl on TN just want the "where is it?" stuff... and that is ok. Esoteric I & R IS fun... yet, LONELY; HIGHLY "philosophical"... yet, ENLIGHTENING! Here is just a small "example": Thomas Jefferson, DOI, Robert MORRIS ("money bag" of the FIRST War of Independence... America vs Great Britain); Thomas Jefferson was the leader of the FIRST REBELS! CONFEDERATE WAR: SECOND REBELS (JD, etc.) DOI as "broadside" against Abe, & "the UNION"... FC Hutter Payroll Dept. CSA (NOT a "money bag", tho) in the SECOND War of Independence aka War for SOUTHERN Independence... CONFEDERATE WAR. LOTS of ESOTERIC stuff found... BUT! WHO would believe it? HA!

Reb,

With all do respects, I beleive that the 2nd War for Independence was financed by Stephen Girard, in around 1812. But I agree looking at those rich folk will get people on the right track. Also I like military records, you can find alot with them.

HH Tatty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread