TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oman, now that you know how to like them, you might want to go back a little on your favorite threads. Most folks like to keep track of folks that read their threads. That translates into them looking into your threads.

€};0)>

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a little research lately, when I feel up to it, on things that I have seen on my old site.

While using different search engines, and I have clicked on a few categories only to see myself in the photos, and at
Other times I find links that send me back to this thread.

Surely they don't think that I can answer my own questions?!?

?}80{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just bad science to provide your own conformations, based on your own theories.

Even if you're right all of the time.... And I'm not!!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the truth, that bad decisions make good stories.

I might just... Naw, I'm just not hard wired that way!

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ready for some, bug killin', cold weather!

I've come to terms with, old age, hot weather, snakes and hating getting cold and wet.

The cold hard fact is...
Cold, is the only one that I can dress for. I just can't dress "bulletproof".

So, somewhere between the end of hunting season and the spring monsoons, I'm going to do some exploring.

#};0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

COLD WEATHER IS ONE THING THAT I CAN'T HANDLE, GLAD THAT I LIVE IN SOUTH TEXAS. I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE STILL UP TO DOING SOME EXPLORING.

GOT BACK FROM THE LAND OF THE RAIL SPLITTER A FEW DAYS AGO, PAYING THE LAST RESPECTS TO A GOOD NEPHEW. WE CROSSED PART OF OZARKS AT DAYTIME, PRETTY COUNTY. AS I WOULD LOOK INTO THOSE WOODS, ALL I COULD SEE WAS A YOUNG MIKEL CHASING A BLINDED WILD BOAR. AT OTHER ROCKY SPOTS, I COULD SEE MY AMIGO EXPLORING THE AREA LOOKING FOR SIGNS. I WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN ALL THAT IF IT WEREN'T FOR THESE WONDERFUL FORUMS.

SU AMIGO

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo.

You are right. These forums have proven to become a great circle of friends around the fire sharing our little treasures.. No one at the head of the table.

Mikel

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPANISH SIGNS on OZARK TRAILS
Is in the mail for proof reading for clarity of the storyline.

This is a "must pass" for me to move forward.

It will be the first time that anyone other than me has read it thru, as a story.

I know exactly what I want to say, and when I read it, I find it difficult to spot the need for clarification for my readers.

I hope that this step goes well.

I am still dealing with a technical glitch with my best prospect for publishing.

I hope to have news from one or both issues, to post soon.

#/;0{> ~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post #750 was a much more important post. I just didn't realize that I was turning a page that would hide it when I made the next one...

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPANISH SIGNS on OZARK TRAILS
Is in the mail for proof reading for clarity of the storyline.

This is a "must pass" for me to move forward.

It will be the first time that anyone other than me has read it thru, as a story.

I know exactly what I want to say, and when I read it, I find it difficult to spot the need for clarification for my readers.

I hope that this step goes well.

I am still dealing with a technical glitch with my best prospect for publishing.

I hope to have news from one or both issues, to post soon.

#/;0{> ~

HOWDY MIKEL,

JUST FOUND THIS POST, YOU DIDN'T MENTION IT ON YOUR PM. CONGRATULATIONS AMIGO, YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY, THANKS FOR STICKING TO IT THROUGH THICK AN THIN.

THEY MAY MAKE SOME CHANGES JUST TO JUSTIFY THEIR POSITION, AND TO CHARGE YOU A LITTLE EXTRA.:dontknow: IT SHOULDN'T CHANGE YOUR STORY IF THEY DO MAKE ANY CHANGES. WISH YOU WELL WITH EVERYTHING, MAKING A PLACE FOR YOUR BOOK ONCE WE ALL READ IT.:occasion14:

SU AMIGO,
HOMAR P. OLIVAREZ

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eventually I will learn to only post when I am in pain, because when I'm not in pain.... I say things that are not supposed to be said, yet.

That is just stupid on my part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an experiment in copy and paste, mechanics. I need to figure it out. Bear with me for this.

In a pet store. woman asks to buy two goldfish, one male and one female. man dips out two goldfish into a bag of water. woman asks, “are you sure I have one of each?” man says, “yes, I am an expert on goldfish.” woman asks, “how do you know a male goldfish from a female goldfish?” mans says, “male goldfish only eat male worms and female goldfish only eat female worms.” woman asks, “how do you know a male worm from a female worm?” man says, “how would I know that? I am NOT an expert on worms.”

Okay, I know it can be done.
I hope to make this work on a larger scale.....
Always learning.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there with me folks. I have a lot to say, and a lot of crow to eat.
( not my first time. It's beginning to taste like chicken. )

My medicated post, just recently made and deleted, has forced me to admit openly that my time at my site is becoming more limited.
I wish it was not true, but it is. At the point in time whereupon the present writing of the story ends with that trip that I, had just one day left to finish the work there, due to the land owner at the bottom of the hill, telling me that they didn't want me up on their bluff again.
That ending is in the mail, to be read for the first time by anyone other than me. In short it reports that Weekender came to my rescue and, he did in deed do. The fact is that had he not done it, the story would have never had an end. He was my only hope, his skills and instincts saved that day, and subsequently the story was finished, after several editorial rewrites due to property owners privacy were at risk.

A few months passed and that last day at the site was eating at me, and unbeknownst to me, it was eating at Weekender as well. At some point one of us made a comment to the other about it, and gears started turning in our collective minds that we could not just let it go at that. I started doing more research and found the name that my first partner had made a contract with in both our names, but I had not met. I had found his name on a platt map..... Between the top land owners and the bottom land owners, covering over a hundred acres which including the entire bluff.

Could this be true? Had I been hoodwinked and lied to in order to cover it up?

My research had failed to find him, but yet again Weekender's talents and instincts rushed in like a big wave. He found him and his address and phone number! A new light came on that had been snuffed out by the hoodwink months earlier. But what about the book? Book things were already in motion.

We didn't know if any good would come from this new possibility, yet.

I did not want to bring it up on Tnet, without knowing if it would work out, so I asked Weekender to not let the news out until we could find something that would be worthy of our followers, so what we did was this...
After a new contract was made with the newly discovered landowner, which took much effort on both us and him, his name is John, we would remain silent until we could have something to show.

After a great deal of work trying to find a path to get to his land from the land owner's preferred area of entry, I failed to strike a deal with his adjoining land owner after multiple attempts. I gave in to the self-inflicted pressure to get back on site and on track to a treasure trail that had been previously blocked. I called the top landowner and she let us in. This process took months, and energy from Weekender and me, but we finally worked out the kinks to make a summer trip last year...
Meanwhile the story was working in two formats. One in my thread and another in Weekender's ( undisclosed location ) by agreement with each other, whereby any credit due to Weekender would remain his accolades. They still are.

The return trip simply set the concrete from the rushed previous trip.

All of this was slowly turning the current ending into something that would eventually either cause a rewrite to correct the facts, or call for another book. Too much to figure out at that point without evidence. Trapped by my own creation, I made plans to combine our next trip into a two event venue with Weekender, by spending most of the day taking him to all of the important places that the confined space that is available, and put a copy of the book in his hands as well as many other things that I talked him into.

I have no person in my life that has all of the abilities and trust to take on a possibly overburdening catch. He made it possible for me to return to my site and has gotten me home alive twice. His talents and abilities are clear but his loyalty to me has made him my best friend.

I will continue going out there until we find something, or I become too much of a burden to him. I will also finish the story unless it becomes his place to finish it for me.

The hole story is too important to let slip thru the cracks. It must survive.

The sad truth is that I am beginning to forget parts of the past, and my legs are far weaker Than I want to believe. So he is my backstop and I trust him. He will know all that I know about this story soon.

Jose is my first editor. He will tell me if I have failed to tell the story, then Weekender will have the same and then it will go to Homar for the same. Then the last revised version will get to the publisher.

I am tired and I have said much.
I hope that you continue with us to the end.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485143661.356555.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485143727.755384.jpg

Here it is. Same old empty vault. One shot with me standing close to where Weekender took the pic into the vault.

We did some metal detecting and found several hot rocks.

These are Weekender's pics, that he sent to me. Mine are trapped in my laptop and camera...

There are a few that he might want to post.

These were about halfway thru our day, the last half was all uphill.

#/:0{>~

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Them are some real interesting pictures mikel. How high is that room and dies it go around the corner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread