TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I added a bit to the Introduction today actually last last night!!
Is 1,100 words too long for an introduction??? 4 1/2 pages....

I’m still pulling Weekender’s best photos out of files and emails that google mail moved around when I left yahoo mail.

Makes an old mind like mine hurt!!
I’ll get em soon.

That and my table of contents ( without page numbers) cause I don’t know where they will be till they have it ready to print!!!

#/;0{>~

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Introduction done just a few minutes ago.
i know that i said a long time ago that I wouldn't read anything that might make the book sound like anyone else's writings, but I had to learn how to start it off mine...
kinda thinking about pasting it here to get some honest feedback... should I? or should I keep it secret?

#/;0{>~

If you post, just make it a '' sample '' in order to upgrade interest without spilling the main part.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you post, just make it a '' sample '' in order to upgrade interest without spilling the main part.

Thanks elh! That is a really good point.
Especially since it has grown to almost five pages. But I have noticed that most of the introductions are smaller and more compacted and a few are will over a thousand words.

Maybe I should just sit on it for now.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checking to see if I am where I should be, as far as publishers point of view.

Two different sources say that I should shoot for 150,000
Words, but they don’t talk about non fiction stories...

I’m fewer than a thousand words shy at this point.

I found one of the emails with several of the photos that I want to infuse with Weekender’s pics. I hope that I can finish them tomorrow or the next day.

Then I need to pick a short passage, to get their interest up.

Then attach a longer one that really captures the essence of the story... that will be the tough one!

I think that I can include the front cover.

I may not get it out of the park, but I think I can hit the fence.

Time will tell.

Perhaps, or perhaps not.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this date, thirteen years ago, my mentor, partner and dear friend, left this world in search of a street of gold.

I lost many memories of him when I suffered a heatstroke, but began to remember times that he and I had shared over time, and all the more , after joining the TNET family that helped to fill the gaps.

I am thankful for you all.
The bleeding has stopped, but I will always have the scar.

Jim, old friend, I still miss you.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this date, thirteen years ago, my mentor, partner and dear friend, left this world in search of a street of gold.

I lost many memories of him when I suffered a heatstroke, but began to remember times that he and I had shared over time, and all the more , after joining the TNET family that helped to fill the gaps.

I am thankful for you all.
The bleeding has stopped, but I will always have the scar.

Jim, old friend, I still miss you.

Mikel, he is not really gone as long as he lives in your heart.

And, on another note, I have been remiss in not checking on your progress here. I am glad to see that you are almost done. Keep at it my friend. I am sure it will be a fine read.

JB

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JB, it’s hard for me to say that I’m finished.... I have finished it at least ten times over the years.

I just keep finding new things that, force me to go back and document the things that show up in a photo.

I do have some typing to do , still. ie. Table of contents and the back cover, and the dedication.
And the rest of Weekender’s photos.
All are important.

The lady at the SSA said that she believed that nobody would raise an eyebrow and cancel my Medicare insurance plan, if I waited until after my birthday. So it will be ready to go by mid June of this year.

I did find a few small treasures this morning.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551996121.704604.jpg
, and
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551996165.203835.jpg

$5 for both!
Two feet by four feet.
Got places for each of them, but for now, it’s nap time.

#/:0{>~.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy your nap. As with many threads and posts and stories here, the pleasure is in the voyage. I am on the verge of retirement (tomorrow), and will be taking more naps myself in the near future....

JB

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy your nap. As with many threads and posts and stories here, the pleasure is in the voyage. I am on the verge of retirement (tomorrow), and will be taking more naps myself in the near future....

JB

Congratulations 🍾 !
Now comes the interesting work of just staying out of trouble.

I officially retire in 16 months.....
I have found many projects to keep my hands and mind working. Most recent has been rebuilding one of two transits, that were under water for some time. The one that I am working on first is the least complicated.

I have cleaned and polished three of the six lenses!.....
I have not figured out how to remove the last three lenses....,yet.

But it will keep me from getting into trouble.

The problem with this hobby is that it is hard to let them move forward into their new homes [emoji536].

My room is getting smaller!

I hope that you will enjoy your new found time in hand.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have found some proofs about a few things on this old site that I had, simply given into, over the years, as correct just because I couldn’t find evidence to debunk.

The truth is in the Spanish mining laws from as any other writings on the subject of Spanish mining laws?!?

Within the first year on the site, my partner Jim had discovered traces of mercury in a stream. Our first thought was “GOLD !” And everyone seemed to believe that their was no reason for it, as it had no use on a silver site.

So, I dropped it! But now, I see that the Spanish crown had a set of laws concerning the use of quick silver in the crudely smelting that could be done in the field.

Any of the crude smelting would be marked by the mine owner. The same was true for bars that were crudely reduced, without the use of quick silver. They couldn’t be mixed together plus a letter was to accompany the load from the mine owner,stating which bars had been reduced with mercury. They had to be processed in a different process...

If they were not marked accordingly, the mine owner/operator could be sentenced in different manners depending on different criteria...
If the quick silver bars were sold, traded or were used in any contract, the person that was being cheated turned them in, he would be repaid plus four times that amount would fined would be levied against him, to the crown. They could also be sentenced to one hundred lashes, and three years of oar services in the canal- assumably the Guadelcacal-
And be banished from his land by twenty leagues.

Seems a bit harsh... so there must have been quite an affect on the final reducing, if mercury was added in at the first reductions at the mine site.

Otherwise the penalty would have been much mellower.

The particulars are, so far, not detailed.

The second definition that the “dirty bars”that Jim shared about the farmer finding the dirty bars of silver, that washed out into the field, now makes sense and my explanation as to which direction they were traveling was south.

Somewhere south of that of the site must have been a Spanish smelting crew to clarify the purity and mark the stamp the weight and the Royal Crown.

Only then was it spendable money.

I am barely 200 pages into this book, and that leaves a about 500 more laws. Who knows what I will find next.

#/;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Well, I have found some proofs about a few things on this old site that I had, simply given into, over the years, as correct just because I couldn’t find evidence to debunk.

The truth is in the Spanish mining laws from as any other writings on the subject of Spanish mining laws?!?

Within the first year on the site, my partner Jim had discovered traces of mercury in a stream. Our first thought was “GOLD !” And everyone seemed to believe that their was no reason for it, as it had no use on a silver site.

So, I dropped it! But now, I see that the Spanish crown had a set of laws concerning the use of quick silver in the crudely smelting that could be done in the field.

Any of the crude smelting would be marked by the mine owner. The same was true for bars that were crudely reduced, without the use of quick silver. They couldn’t be mixed together plus a letter was to accompany the load from the mine owner,stating which bars had been reduced with mercury. They had to be processed in a different process...

If they were not marked accordingly, the mine owner/operator could be sentenced in different manners depending on different criteria...
If the quick silver bars were sold, traded or were used in any contract, the person that was being cheated turned them in, he would be repaid plus four times that amount would fined would be levied against him, to the crown. They could also be sentenced to one hundred lashes, and three years of oar services in the canal- assumably the Guadelcacal-
And be banished from his land by twenty leagues.

Seems a bit harsh... so there must have been quite an affect on the final reducing, if mercury was added in at the first reductions at the mine site.

Otherwise the penalty would have been much mellower.

The particulars are, so far, not detailed.

The second definition that the “dirty bars”that Jim shared about the farmer finding the dirty bars of silver, that washed out into the field, now makes sense and my explanation as to which direction they were traveling was south.

Somewhere south of that of the site must have been a Spanish smelting crew to clarify the purity and mark the stamp the weight and the Royal Crown.

Only then was it spendable money.

I am barely 200 pages into this book, and that leaves a about 500 more laws. Who knows what I will find next.

#/;0{>~

You're going to be an expert on the Spanish mining laws by the time you finish that book. I'm glad it's helping you understand your site.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to be an expert on the Spanish mining laws by the time you finish that book. I'm glad it's helping you understand your site.

I have to admit, I did not truly realize the way that the Crown could control men halfway around the world [emoji289]!

That link opened up my eyes [emoji102].
MDOG, Thank you for passing it along!

I was visiting with my dad on Saturday and mentioned it, and I mentioned that it was over 700 pages.
His response was to ask me to pick up His laptop and try to find a power cord that he failed to find on his last few trips back home.

He considers the rehabilitation center as his home now, after his broken ankle and the staff dearly love him and he is happy, but he now has taken much more of a liking to my book, because I have worked to learn why things are the way they are for a real and tangible truth!

So I have worked to get his laptop as caught up as I can, so that I can download both books and catch up with me.

And that makes me happy!

Perhaps I should make him a wooden peg leg to make a trip out there when he is up to a 250 mile round trip!!

Who could have guessed that, that book could make an old man wake up to the story of a lifetime!

Thanks again.

#/;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
That’s a great story, Mikel. I’m glad your dad found something that grabbed his attention and he’s lucky to have you along to share the adventure. You’ve done good.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a great story, Mikel. I’m glad your dad found something that grabbed his attention and he’s lucky to have you along to share the adventure. You’ve done good.

MDOG, thanks really needs to go back to you.
The thing that got him started was the book of laws, because that’s what got his attention.

Dad has been in law enforcement most of my adult life. He had worked with my first partner, Jim, back in the mid 1970s.
That triangle, and the use of the law book, that got him interested. He was a C I D Officer in the mid 1980s, and then, an ABC agent for about one third of Arkansas.

So, you are truly the man, that deserves the Thanks.

I am thankful to you for that book.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Homar, I couldn’t find the picture with all of them, but I still have these.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553401754.435113.jpg
#/;0{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m looking forward to seeing him sometime, to see if he has done anything with it!

I don’t know how long they were in that sand and gravel bank, but I thought they were some kind of silver nuggets.
They were as shiny new dime in the bottom of my gold pan. All were the same shapes as you see in the picture.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let’s get restarted with a few of the photos that have stayed with me.

Any time that you are not comfortable about the amount of information that you want to add, you can PM me or Weekender, and we can bring to
Light the parts that pose, no known, threats.

For the most part of this part , Weekender may be the best partner to answer many questions.

I’ll bring back some of the
Photos that I think you might be concerned with.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553982118.517746.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553982193.390989.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553982227.233763.jpg

That last one is A cross of Solomon,
Almost every thing that I found on it, has been that it is an earned badge or flag, or a gateway to a meeting place, not unlike a Masonic lodge.

It is not referenced to Masonic beliefs, but on the Solomon Islands, it is a direct symbol of doing something honorable, I read one reference that stated that most of the recipients are unaware that they were being honored with it.
It is seldom given due to anyone for
giving away cash, because it is generally easy for men of wealth.

It is about loyalty, bravery and doing the right thing when they think nobody is looking.

I tend to believe that such things would be expected from Knights Templar.

I had never heard of the symbol before trying to find an image that looked like the one that is just left of the number seven, up on the billboard.

I would love to see it explained with better references than my
“ Connect the dots “ explanation.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, I missed one photo that only Weekender and I would be able to explain...

It is Weekender several steps ahead of me and I felt compelled to save that moment. I don’t have his instincts, but I’m learning what he looks like when he gets drawn into it.

This is one of those special moments.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553984926.661581.jpg

Weekender let me catch up with him.
I asked what he was sniffing out.

He said he didn’t know yet, he felt as if something was pulling him into a
Trail and a place.

If you look at the tip of his right elbow, and focus into the green velvet of spring, you can see the Raven,
And the outside of the inside.

About ninety percent of it is there!
I’m pretty sure, that is what kept us from finding it again last year.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I WILL BE BRIEF, TO BEGIN. I MISSED A RECOMENDATION TO BRING MY SEARCH TO THIS
THREAD. I'M GLAD THAT I WENT BACK TO REREAD MY OLDER POSTS.
THE PHOTOS ARE FROM THE SAME MINE SEARCH. YOU MAY HAVE SEEN THEM, AS I HAVE POSTED THEM IN 4 OR 5 OTHER THREADS.
I WILL START OUT WITH JUST A FEW AND ADD OTHERS AS NEEDED AND AS TIME PERMITS.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE USE OF ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISUAL PERSEPTIONS PROBLEMS AND THIS
HELPS ME TO READ WHAT I HAVE TYPED.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP. :read2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL.
#/;0)~(c)

Sorry for being late to the party, I only just discovered your post here.

I don't want to be the wet blanket for the many excellent theories and suggestions posted. On the other hand, I would highly recommend to open your mind a bit to other possibilities, other identities for the makers of these signs. The one sign you have posted is absolutely a Phoenician letter "Qoph" or Q, which the word Qoph in Phoenician means "monkey". Unfortunately the earliest Hebrew and Greek writing is virtually identical, however the greatest sea navigators of the ancient world were the Phoenicians and especially their western descendents the Carthaginians. There is a fair body of proof that Carthaginians discovered the Americas and had even attempted a colony which was later withdrawn by order of the Senate. (of Carthage)

Carthaginians were also great prospectors and treasure hoarders, in fact it was they who discovered and opened the great silver mines in Spain (this is debatable, the Tartessians have a good claim to be the first there as well) and Punic explorers left markings carved in stone for future use. A vast treasure, the whole of the treasury of the Carthaginian empire, simply vanished at the end of the 3rd Punic war, and there was a chance that this treasure might have been spirited away across the Atlantic to their 'secret land' (America) which no other ancient power knew existed, or if they knew of the Americas, it was only as a vague reference to some lands across the wide sea.

Here is the Phoenician letter Qoph, compare it to your mark:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Phoenician_qoph.svg

Here is an article with some common Phoenician words:
http://ancientroadpublications.com/Studies/AncientLanguage/Phoenician.pdf

Anyway I don't mean to derail this interesting discussion, just hope to point out that you may well have found a much older treasure site than you might have thought. It would date to around 150 BC to 1200 BC, if it is indeed Phoenician.

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread