Two unusual mini-scores

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dropped into one of my favorite BoAs yesterday while waiting for my wife. Usual drill, asking for halves, odd coins, old bills. A teller I see fairly regular says she only has 2 coins which of course I buy. Both were clad. I walk away to talk to another teller about her recent vacation and the first teller comes back with another roll she had forgotten about. I buy it and it's all clad (I didn't check it there, I checked it back in my truck so don't freak out). So I'm back to talking to the 2nd teller about vacation and teller 1 comes back over and says "I've got this bag of $130 Ikes. Want those? If not, I'm shipping them out." So, you know the rule, buy them all. Get home to check them with no expectations and low and behold, 6 proofs. 4 are 40% silver. Previously I had only found 1 silver Ike; now I have 5. I'll take them!

This follows another interesting mini-score from last week. Stop into another favorite bank and ask for halves and the teller says "hey, I've been waiting for you to show up. I don't have halves but I have some old bills. Want them?" So I'm not sure what she has but I say sure. 67 $1 Silver Certificates. A couple in near uncirculated condition. They are from the 1934 series. No great value but still cool. She also has 25 1953 series $2 bills. Again a few of those are uncirculated. Finally, 5 $5 bills. Two are Read Seal, three are silver certs. None of those are in great condition but one of the red seals is a star note.

Pics to follow. At work, but thought you might get a kick of this.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding SilverJack.

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care what they're worth, finding blue and red seals is always awesome. 67! Did she know the story behind them? One person bring them in? Little old Miss Henderson from down the street? Ive only found one ok condition 1957 $1 and a mint gem 1934 $1.

HH

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I don't care what they're worth, finding blue and red seals is always awesome. 67! Did she know the story behind them? One person bring them in? Little old Miss Henderson from down the street? Ive only found one ok condition 1957 $1 and a mint gem 1934 $1. HH
or did the person who brought them in bring in any rolled coins...?

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations SilverJack on those nice finds. They surely would make a great addition to any collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread