Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!..my dad has been collecting this for years!...I think you would get more $$$ Invidually...But if you are tryin to unload them quick...maybe a nice Lot?

I do know that the train stuff is very pricey ( Been hearing it from my mom since the 80s)

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these up pretty cheap. There are two engines: Illinois Central Gulf and Golden Eagle. I tested and both work.

I've looked at ebay prices. Curious if I should sell these individually or as a set. Looking to unload them quickly.

Tyco is a tougher sell than say Lionel. I recently bought a storage unit at auction with around 90 Tyco from the 70's in the box. I sold them in two sep lots. I was happy with the final value. Listed one at a time I could of prob done a little better but it wasn't worth the hassle for me to list that way. Totally up to you but what is your time worth is the question you have to ask yourself. For the extra money it really wasn't worth the time I would of put into it. Good Luck with them.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tyco is a tougher sell than say Lionel. I recently bought a storage unit at auction with around 90 Tyco from the 70's in the box. I sold them in two sep lots. I was happy with the final value. Listed one at a time I could of prob done a little better but it wasn't worth the hassle for me to list that way. Totally up to you but what is your time worth is the question you have to ask yourself. For the extra money it really wasn't worth the time I would of put into it. Good Luck with them.

Yea...it was Lionel that my Dad alway purchased

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My cousin used to own a train shop in Spring, Texas called Spring Crossing. Sold a lot of collectible HO stuff. Lionel is old time and expensive, but TYCO is coming on quickly. You have some nice stuff. Probably worth some good money...

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Picked these up pretty cheap. There are two engines: Illinois Central Gulf and Golden Eagle. I tested and both work.

I've looked at ebay prices. Curious if I should sell these individually or as a set. Looking to unload them quickly.

What do you want for them?

Please let me know.

jspero

Jul 25, 2006
East Coast USA
My cousin used to own a train shop in Spring, Texas called Spring Crossing. Sold a lot of collectible HO stuff. Lionel is old time and expensive, but TYCO is coming on quickly. You have some nice stuff. Probably worth some good money...

I'm a little surprised to hear this about Tyco HO. I see these cars for sale in under $5 range all day long at train shows here in the DC area and the engines (if basically brand new) in the $20 range. At least around here, Tyco is considered pretty low-end and (as far as I have seen) not collectable. Most of the "collectable" HO rolling stock or engines I have seen are either brass, older craftsman kits, or one-offs. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but it has not been my experience. Lionel O and O27 is another story. :) I would be interested in what the OP gets (or already got) for what is pictured as a point of reference if nothing else. Please keep us posted.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I'm a little surprised to hear this about Tyco HO. I see these cars for sale in under $5 range all day long at train shows here in the DC area and the engines (if basically brand new) in the $20 range. At least around here, Tyco is considered pretty low-end and (as far as I have seen) not collectable. Most of the "collectable" HO rolling stock or engines I have seen are either brass, older craftsman kits, or one-offs. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but it has not been my experience. Lionel O and O27 is another story. :) I would be interested in what the OP gets (or already got) for what is pictured as a point of reference if nothing else. Please keep us posted.
Ive listed Tyco HO items in the past and either lost money on my investment or barely broke even. The last I listed ended last week for a small lot and in the end came out with under $2.50 profit. Unless the market picks up I will stay away from the Tyco HO items. But you never know, I hope you made out well.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Found out my cousin likes these. I will give them to her for xmas next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions