U Max coils on an older Bandido II ?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have an almost new Bandido II from the mid 90's and even though I have a newer Tesoro now , I'm not ready to put it in a yardsale just yet and would like to put one of the larger , lighter coils on it for civil war hunting. I'm not interested in one of those older heavy solid 11' coils but one of the larger lighter ones. Will coils from u-max machines work on my Bandido II ? I believe they are both 5 pin connectors and maybe operate in the same freq range.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if that is a good idea. Just because the pins match doesn't mean the coil will work as expected.. Tesoro matches the coils to the detector at the factory by calibrating them. I'd call Tesoro first and ask.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman's point is not always a problem. Machines with manual ground balance usually don't have to be recalibrated, presets possibly. I've switched most of the different coils from one machiine to another, both preset ground and manual with no problems. However, if one doesn't get reasonable performance (for the size) or if chatter etc. is a problem, then it could well be worth sending the detector and coil in for Tesoro to check out.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread