U.P. Gold?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Gold cube was designed to process the black, gold bearing, sands on the Lake Superior beaches. I think you need a permit for power equipment there though. Mike Pung sometimes shows up on tnet so maybe he or another person who's prospected there can share more. Mike's handle on here is Gold Cube (surprising right? LoL)

OP
OP
Crewsader

Crewsader

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks Kevin. Maybe I should be a little more descriptive, I'm just looking to do some panning and bedrock sniping as there are many rivers and waterfalls in the Marquette area with exposed bedrock.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok in that case...
- know who owns the land you are on and what their rules are, state has prospector friendly rules EXCEPT in trout streams
- two sources of gold in da UP - minor lode gold, major glacial gold
- your sniping strategy may do well in the streams
- be sure to also look for bands of black sand on the lake shores
- go to the Michigan prospectors group on goldprospectorsspace.com to learn about where they go in case you are near there
- due to the repeated glacial ion of Michigan and the gold pushed down from Ontario, you might find gold in virtually any stream moving fast enough to sort the gravels

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions