U.S. Air Force cufflink Collar Button need help identifying makers mark, age, value

jnefores1

Aug 10, 2016
Leesburg V.A.
Detector(s) used
had one but gave it to my favorite uncle, will get a new soon but instead of a detector I use my spider senses at the auctions I go to in order to find and buy lots of awesome stuff for cheap
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello All,
Here is a second that I can't seem to identify. I need some help on the makers mark identification, age, composition, Value, info.
It is a Vintage/Antique Air Force (I believe) Cufflink, Collar Button perhaps.

From what I can see the makers mark appears to be a crest of sorts composed of a Shield, with a crown above it and a snazzy S or possibly an 8 in the middle.

The back of said cufflink/Button appears to be painted/covered in a high gloss white finish possibly enamel.

The front displays the Air Force insignia Eagle, shield stars etc, and is silver finish possible sterling or plate?

Any information is greatly appreciated, Thanks! Capture.JPG IMG_3413.JPG IMG_3414.JPG IMG_3415.JPG IMG_3416.JPG IMG_3417.JPG

Coach Stack

Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like Air Force cuff links, Korean to Vietnam war era. I going to change that a little. I still think they are from that era but not cuff links. I think that "connection" may just be a way to keep the buttons together. ie spares for a dress uniform.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
First off, they aren't antique, I was around when the army air corps became the air force, and I might be old, but I aint no antique. Second, I think they are hooked together so they can be removed to launder the uniform.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread