UGH - First two boxes of the month and I get the big SKUNKAROO!!!!!!!

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just went through 2 boxes (yellow paper rolls, marked Jan-29-07 and Dec-17-06), and same result, NO SILVER! That makes FOUR silver halves in the last SIX BOXES (300 rolls, 6000 coins).
This is the Great Silver Drought of 2007!

I hope this is not an indication that the Fed has new coin counters that check for silver. Seems pretty easy to do either by weight or electrically.

Oh well, I also got an 1981-S, a 1987-D, and a couple 2002+ clads. Slim pickin's indeed.

"Good times are comin', but they sure comin' slow...."

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE....Excalibur coming soon
Joliet Jake said:
Just went through 2 boxes (yellow paper rolls, marked Jan-29-07 and Dec-17-06), and same result, NO SILVER! That makes FOUR silver halves in the last SIX BOXES (300 rolls, 6000 coins).
This is the Great Silver Drought of 2007!

I hope this is not an indication that the Fed has new coin counters that check for silver. Seems pretty easy to do either by weight or electrically.

Oh well, I also got an 1981-S, a 1987-D, and a couple 2002+ clads. Slim pickin's indeed.

"Good times are comin', but they sure comin' slow...."
\

I kinda wondered the same thing on the coin counters, every new box of halves I have got had nothing at all (6) , all I picked up at bank that were already there I usually find something. I picked up 6 boxes of dimes in reserve boxes, only one had a date, got alot of silver, but nothing at all out of the dated box. Picked up four boxes today, all dated NOV 06 nothing at alll in them.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't think the Feds have much to do with it. There is a LOT more coin roll hunters out there than us, and with the large number of hunters out there, the quantity of silver in circulation is going to get scarce.

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Update on the other 2 boxes I got this week (my bank always orders 4 at a time).

Box 3 No Keepers, Nada, Nothin', Zip. And to top it off one of the half dollars had George Washingtons picture and said "quarter dollar". The Fed owes me 25 cents, lol.

Box 4 ended my silver drought, 1 1964 and 4 40% plus 3 2002+ coins. Not much, but I'll take it. This box was like all the rest, (5x10x1, yellow wrappers) EXCEPT it was not date stamped. I wonder if it was an older box from the bottom of the truck or vault. All the rest of the boxes had a date and inspector number stamped on them (box 3 was stamped Jan 1? 2007, couldn't read the second number).

I haven't found any silver in boxes stamped with 2007 dates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread