Ugh, my silver drought continues

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
My luck has been getting better... 3 silver dimes out of $500...not great but getting better...The rolls were clear plastic so it went quick. Will try for halves tomorrow. Good luck! Hope that helps...HH

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Immy,

I do hope you find some of the shiny silver we all love so much very soon. This drought can't continue. I had a very difficult time finding halves today, found 5 rolls which produced one 40% silver.

I also tried my luck with $100.00 in quarters, and $200 in nickles and dimes. It produced no silver and I found about 8 older nickles,but I already had them in my nickle book so I couldn't fill any of the holes in the book. It was a boring day, and I think I am tasting the metal from the coins now. I must be inhaling the smell or something because I sure as heck am not putting them in my mouth. lol My tounge tingles from the metal. :P Yuck! Warning: Coin roll searching may be hazzardous to your health. :-X ;)

Good luck Immy! :D

OP
OP
I

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but at least my old standby (nickels) still produces.

A tiny return out of $35 but 50% were keepers -

1939 (keep!)
1951 (keep!)
1959D

Thanks for the good wishes guys! I know there's plenty of silver out there.

Pennyworth, I know what you mean about coins having sort of physical "side effects" on you. After leaning over a batch of $40-$50 in nickels for a few minutes I feel like I have to blow my nose! I also immediately wash my hands afterwards too. I hate that silvery residue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread