Ugh.. Weather.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a good detecting spot researched for the weekend with a friend.. Gathered satellite photos.. GIS data.. and had a plan...

Now.. Rain today.. Snow the next two days...

I am in SW Wisconsin dealing with the exact same BS! Just got permission yesterday for an old hospital, and now this! Good luck as soon as the weather improves!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even here in the south nature has been working against me. Seems like every time i get a day off its rain, cold, snow or all three. This Sunday is my only day off and they are calling for a front to hit that day with thunderstorms! GRRRRR....

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me join in the whine. Snow had just finally melted from the two day snowstorm we had two weeks ago and we got hit with another two days of snow. Twelve inches, maybe more by tomorrow of heavy wet snow, blizzard and white out comditions, with a little rain, ice and thunder thrown in to give us some variety.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's beyond ridiculous.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to the Pennsylvania Wilds last July so this is my first winter here. When it wasn't snowing, it was raining and there was plenty of days and nights with temperatures in the 20's. The saving grace is that a lot of the locals have said that the winters are usually much milder.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that saying, "April Showers Bring May Flowers"? What does April blizzards bring? Can't even walk safely outside here in Michigan! Snow, freezing rain and rain!

2018-04-15.png

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is that saying, "April Showers Bring May Flowers"? What does April blizzards bring? Can't even walk safely outside here in Michigan! Snow, freezing rain and rain!

View attachment 1578065

By the time it moves into the Ontario region they forecasting 2.5cm of freezing rain and 70km winds so there'll be power outages. Next time we'll see sunshine will be next weekend and it'll be 50F-community clean up day-means limited detecting. (emoji of grown man whining)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was digging in Massachusetts yesterday...beautiful warm day! :occasion14: Today, 30 degrees at this time and very windy...:dontknow:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like it much when its still January in April. Its not that I hate the weather, that's totally beyond my control. The part I hate is my anticipation.

Cannot escape the house today, not in the car anyhow. We got snow over ice with no salt underneath. Monday morning rush hour should be "interesting".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread