uk meteroite

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Not that i've noticed on this site mate. :dontknow:

OP
OP
C

chris

Greenie
Jun 9, 2004
totton
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mind me asking where and what you hunt ? Chris

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go for anything that makes money. Its more difficult in the U.K. than say desert areas but you can go to sites where they have been located such as the farm in Wigan where one was seen coming down and check for scatter of other fragments. If there's reports of the direction it travelled in all the better as it saves a lot of time.
Best U.K. sites are the least used in the past ie areas of almost bare rock at the tops of mountains where man never cultivated.

I think many find them but don't realise. 99% stick to magnets and there's a few basic tests that can be done with a bit of biscuit fired pottery (like a flowerpot). Scratch a line and if black/gray its likely to be magnetite. Red/brown hematite. You want no streak. Then get out a file and check for shiny metal flakes.

There has been posts in the past re using the Spectrum/XLT VDI to I.D. the nickel/nickel iron but its a bit iffy as size has to be born in mind.

OP
OP
C

chris

Greenie
Jun 9, 2004
totton
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Brian Good info where in the UK do you hunt ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread