UN Delegates Hope Newtown Shooting Will Help Pass Small Arms Treaty=Loss Of Our Guns

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excerpt from Reuters news article:
EXPLOSIVE ISSUE

European and other U.N. delegates who support the arms trade treaty told Reuters on condition of anonymity they hoped Newtown would boost support for the convention in the United States where gun control is an explosive political is​

“Newtown has opened the debate within the United States on weapons controls in ways that it has not been opened in the past,” Abramson said, adding that “the conversation within the U.S. will give the (Obama) administration more leeway.”

Keene [from NRA] rejected the idea of bringing the Newtown tragedy into the discussion of an arms trade treaty.

“I find it interesting that some of the folks that advocate the treaty say it would have no impact whatever within the United States but that it needs to be passed to prevent another occurrence of a school shooting such as took place in Newtown,” he said. “Both of those positions can’t be correct.”

Obama administration officials have tried to explain to U.S. opponents of the arms trade pact that the treaty under discussion would not affect domestic gun sales and ownership.

“Our objectives for the ATT (arms trade treaty) have not changed,” a U.S. official told Reuters. “We seek a treaty that fights illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have articulated throughout.”

“In particular, we will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens to bear arms,” the official added.

The NRA opposes the small arms treaty specifically because it does affect civilian arms, not just arms in the hands of government armed forces. Proponents of the treaty, including anti-gun NGOs, have consistently insisted that it would not affect gun ownership in the US, but as NRA President Keen notes, it is peculiar that those very same people are now saying that the Newtown shooting will help them get the treaty passed.

But the most important bit of slight of hand to pay attention to is the statement by the “U.S. official:

“In particular, we will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens to bear arms,” the official added.

Now, the first reaction of most gun owners who read that is to get all warm and fuzzy, and reassured, since he says they will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens to bear arms. But let’s recall what the current crop of oath breaking traitors in power think you have a “right” to. According to Senator Diane Feinstein, you don’t have a constitutional right to own any gun among a long list of firearms she finds offensive, according to her own pet criteria. That list specifically bans the further manufacture, sale, and transfer of many military style semi-automatic rifles, as well as any firearm (except .22s) that take a detachable magazine and have one or more of a list of features SHE determines are of military use. She then goes on to “except” certain firearms – for now – from her ban. Basically, you have a right to whatever firearms she decides to exempt from her ban, and you don’t have a right to any she decides to include.

She tells us that she is respecting constitutional rights because her ban:

• Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
What that means is that you can keep the weapons you own, for now, but when you die, they die with you. You CANNOT pass them on to your children, or to anyone else. So much for THEIR rights. Your children and other heirs have NO RIGHT to own any of them.

And one more thing her bill will do is:

• Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

So, when a U.S. official says they won’t accept a UN small arms treaty that infringes on your right to bear arms, you should know that such a promise is meaningless, since they don’t think you have a right to keep any firearms unless they say you can, and according to their own magic criteria of what is acceptable or not. And certainly, they don’t see military pattern semi-automatic rifles as being covered by the Second Amendment at all. Nor do they see magazines over 10 rounds as being covered.

Stewart Rhodes

Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » UN Delegates Hope that Newtown Shooting Will Help them Pass Small Arms Treaty

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fear mongering by BIG BIG gun and their toadies the NRA. This proposed treaty deals only with large scale international gun trade. Of which the us accounts for 40 percent so of course big gun opposes. Has absolutely nothing to do with individual citizens buying a gun. Look at the list of those who oppose the bill - they are all repressive government. Or big arms exporters.

More fear mongering equals more gun sales and more money to the NRA. Don't get used to line their wealthy pockets. Best.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stock, you would believe any fairytale story the government tells you, having worked in the Intelligence Division in the service I know for a fact the government puts out false information to the people to hide the real agenda.

I want the UN out of this country! We will not give up another inch of our gun rights or any rights found in the Bill of Rights.

You can think what you want, but my advise is for you pull your head out of the sand........... If I am wrong what is worse that happens, I end up with a nice cache of ammo and food, but if your wrong what is the worse that can happen....

I have recruited over 10 people the last month or so myself to join the NRA, I physically showed them the website and watched as they joined so I know they joined and I will continue to actively recruit as many as I can, fresh money is going to continue to pour into the NRA so get use to it, since the the NRA is our best weapon to fight this attempt to strip us of our rights right now it is going to have even more power and more funds to continue to fight the lefts attempt to seize our weapons and our rights before it is too late.......

Registration and restriction equals revolution. Count on it. It is not a matter of what we "want", it is a matter of what is necessary. Without a citizenry armed with weapons of military application, we lose our last deterrent to tyranny, and so we lose everything. When backed into a corner a victim has two options: he can lie down and die, or he can fight regardless of the odds, this is where we are in America; fear, servitude, subservience, or civil war if it continues down this road King O and the adminstration has us on....

Oath Keepers, is an organization made up of active and retired military, police, fireman and citizens fighting for our rights...I encourage our patrotic members check it out...........

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can go to hell... That's my stand on it.. I won't be treated like a crimminal because of one psycos actions...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread