OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
mrs.oroblanco said:
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain........................

;D ;D ;D ;D

B

They are from the government, and they are here to help me, right? ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think those are Black Hawks....one of the best things we have going for us....our guys use them for medical transports, tactical transports of our troops,evacuations and warfare.........great machine.

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Good morning MrsO, Gypsy, Sancho, Ron & Stoney,

I was shaking the tree to see how many conspiracy nuts would fall out. Dang it...nary a one. I must be the only one, lol.

Stoney is right. I took these on my lunch hour. Enrique's is very popular with the pilots that fly in & out of "Spook Central" (We have several CIA-related offices here) ;D

In all seriousness, I certainly respect our brave men and women that serve our country in the military. Freedom does have a high cost, and I thank them for all they do to keep us safe and free.

Timberwolf

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Well I look at them and think...Hopefully we are prepared for whatever may be necessary for our countrymen and this great Country. Besides, if you got to take pics of them it means they aren't all that "covert". It's the ones you never see that are the real "baddies" for our enemies.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hmmm....microchips and salsa.....although Greenwood Aviation does have a certain Shadow Company ring to the name especially after Rumsfeld and Aubaugh have been in the area. :D ;)

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
looking at the tail number i would say they are part of the Mississippi National Guard.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are Blackhawks. We repair them at the facility that I work at. One of 4 such facilities in the United States. We are called AVCRADS (AVIATION CLASSIFICATION REPAIR ACTIVITY DEPOT) our facilities are located in Mississippi, Missouri, Conneticut, and California. I get to fly in them quite often and they are one bada$$ machine....Steve

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
wesfrye53 said:
Well I look at them and think...Hopefully we are prepared for whatever may be necessary for our countrymen and this great Country. Besides, if you got to take pics of them it means they aren't all that "covert". It's the ones you never see that are the real "baddies" for our enemies.

Yep, I bet your talking about these "bad" boys...
If I were the enemy, I'd be running ;D

Attachments

• apache5.jpg
    apache5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 381

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Several months ago we had six of those birds parked at our local muni airport and they flew mostly at night. Turns out they were working with the local drug task force to find MJ crops. Still unnerving to say the least.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Several years ago I had the opportunity to ride in the Hueys at night and in the daytime. I am still waiting for the chance to ride in a Blackhawk.

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
Several months ago we had six of those birds parked at our local muni airport and they flew mostly at night. Turns out they were working with the local drug task force to find MJ crops. Still unnerving to say the least.

Unnerving is right.
I don't do drugs or anything illegal that I'm aware of, but about 4 or 5 years ago, we were awakened at about 3 in the morning.
My wolf was howling and we could hear the unmistakable noise of rotor blades hovering right above our house!
I got up and made it into the kitchen...on my way to the back door, and then it flew off.
It was quite an experience. Had I been a drug dealer or something, it might have made sense. Oh well, they havn't been back ;D

Timberwolf

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
eagle77 said:
Several years ago I had the opportunity to ride in the Hueys at night and in the daytime. I am still waiting for the chance to ride in a Blackhawk.

I bet that was fun. Has anyone you know flown the Aroura?

TW

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Timberwolf said:
eagle77 said:

I bet that was fun. Has anyone you know flown the Aroura?

TW

No.

My time was with counterdrug task force. We had to train in the Hueys. Day and night flights, emergencies, land zones, etc.

The Huey ops (15 yrs ago) were always in August, 100 degrees on the ground. Our missions was cultivated MJ plots and harvesting locations. Both of us (LEO) sat in the gunners seats (guns removed). The Pilot and Crew Chief were Vietnam Vets. I have to say the crew was top notch and damn good at their profession. They did have a bet that one of us would barf...I have no clue on how much money traded hands over the course of the time, we were on to their plans and never ate heavy :D

If you ever want to experience something more than a roller coaster ride, hop in the gunners seat and tell the pilot that $60 says he can't make you barf ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ridden in enough helicopters & love it. The last one was over the Gulf Coast riding out in the cargo area, don't remember the name of that chopper but it was really neat.

:) RR

DEAD RECKON

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2006
I was stationed in the U.P. back in the 90's and I was working on one of our small boats when two bell helicopters did a low fly by went up river a mile, circled then flew back by,and they were completely black with no markings and dark tinted windows. One of the guys I worked with said they were the black ops, at the time i didn't know what it was and he said it was some T.S. agency. I thought it was interesting back then and then just a few years ago i found a conspiracy theory forum where someone else had seen them that same day and had said the same thing about them being the black ops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread