Unable to find my star note in the lookup

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I will at least assure you someone tried to help you, Easy. I tried looking online for an answer but couldn't find you one. There are some books out there to price stuff like that. Sorry I couldn't help out. :(

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will at least assure you someone tried to help you, Easy. I tried looking online for an answer but couldn't find you one. There are some books out there to price stuff like that. Sorry I couldn't help out. :(
Cool no worries. I guess the lookup doesn't go back that far. The only thing I could find was other 1976 2star notes on eBay. The bad news is I can't tell if mine may have a lower print run. The good news they are going for a minimum of 20 bucks each! Weeeeeee

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Don!
Hope all is well with you, my Friend!

Easy, to further identify and provide information on your query, it helps to provide:

1) denomination.
2) Year of issue as indicated on the bill, known as "Series" which includes any letters; ie. 2004A.
3) The serial number complete with the letters.
4) the condition of your bill.
5) a photo of the bill in question.

Best,
Scott

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey, Scott,
Good to see you're still in the game.
Actually, I didn't start this thread nor query, I only jumped in to assist "EASY"; though what you just wrote is good information for others to provide when asking a Q. regarding a bill.
All the best,
Don.....

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you finding the values of these bills? do you have books or is there an online reference somewhere?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a reference guide, I have a copy of The (Second Edition) Official Red Book--a Guide Book of US Paper Money (Complete source for History, Grading and Values). For more current values, I check Ebay's "Completed Listings"; NOT their current asking prices.
Don.....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, I now see your comment was directed to "EASY"; my bad.
Don....

Don,
Hope you are well.
No problems here, Friend.
I want to share my knowledge gleaned with others who are like-minded.

I'm more helpful of sharing info than most.
And I still remember your gift to me of the older guide to small size currency, (way back when?) that propelled my obsession with currency collecting. :occasion14:

My Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread