unbelievable first halves

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
This is absolutely amazing.
I posted about a week and a half ago, just now getting back online. So in my last post i told you about the $200 in halves I was having delivered closer to my home, one bank branch to another. well after a scoring a roll marked "1966-1967" plus 12 other 40%ers and 4 90%ers (1964) - i decided to send my father to the bank that was far away(closer to his home not mine) to pick up the rest of what they had. He doesn't know a whole lot about CRH, but went with it. I got a call in the morning after he picked them up and he said "im on my way over you are not going to believe this" he got what was left of the rolls that were marked by the same person, same handwriting. 4... i seriously can not believe it either, 4 full rolls marked 1964. 1 out of those for even said "1964 silver", on top of that was another roll and a half of 40%ers.

So in total it was
87 - 1964 90%ers
and
69 - 40%ers.

Also found
George Washington Carver Commemorative
Two tails magic coin.

and a small cherry on top, found a 64' Roosevelt dime in the 5 rolls i got today, and a 1944 wheatie in my gas station change!
needless to say it has been an amazing few days around here!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
Thanks!
and- I don't have a camera right now, I have a few pictures on my phone of the coins, and the rolls that were marked I will try to post them once i figure out how to get my phone upload

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Awesome score!!!!! :hello2: It's just amazing that you can still find solid rolls of 1964s in the wild. Can't wait to see the pics :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
Thank you again !!
I am sure some will be disappointed , but most of the coin is already long gone and sold (life sent a blessing when it was deeply needed). So I wont be able to take any new pictures. but i still have some on the phone. (heh, just reread what i typed here and it makes it sound a bit like a tall tale but the evidence is in a pair of pants that i no longer have ;D)

also

(on finding those full rolls about 75% of them were marked with the same hand writing and i scored them from a very small town where the average age is 55+ i would only guess that had something to do with it ?)

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowserz!!! :o You hit the mega-silver jackpot!!! Congratulations!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! That is so incredible. Happy for you and your Dad! ;D

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
wow!!!!!!!! thats one of the greatest scores ive ever heard of on this forum!!! amazing!!!!!!! keep it up and hh! also, good luck on your financial hardships!

OP
OP
J

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
mauserman, addiction has already set in. between work and home there are 4 branches of my CU, they dont keep halves around so in the last week I have been cycling through Dimes. I stop at the first one buy 10 rolls, move on to the next cash them in, next stop to pick up more. 2 are dumps 2 are supply - Only found 1 silver dime so far but its so much fun. Also my dad picked up 90$ (all the bank had) in halves and got one 40%er so i think he may be hooked as well ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions