Unbelievable found mason jar full of......

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
Found mason jar today and it was full of coins and a note from the person that buried it from 2007! All memorial cents. Watch the video..I read what the note says.
20190222_133637.jpg
20190222_141953.jpg
20190222_142214.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is way cool! Thanks for sharing the experience!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beats digging them 1 at a time.....one has to wonder why someone would bury them?

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool, nice dig. I would have had to open it on site out of curiosity. Nice video & HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool I found a container in the woods one time it was full also plastic white and looked old .I sat down had a smoke and savored the moment cracker her open pennies also memorials I had visions of silver and gold.Still a good find I have never seen a post yet of someone finding a mason jar full of silver in the U>S anyway... Well done What did the note say??????

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That had to be an exciting dig , def better than 1 at a time 'As was stated'.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool cache find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
justanotherpulltab

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
Pretty cool I found a container in the woods one time it was full also plastic white and looked old .I sat down had a smoke and savored the moment cracker her open pennies also memorials I had visions of silver and gold.Still a good find I have never seen a post yet of someone finding a mason jar full of silver in the U>S anyway... Well done What did the note say??????

Yeah it was cool...in the video read what it says.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. That had to be exciting. I have dug 2 different tin containers (at separate times) out in the woods (forest preserves) and was very excited until I opened them to find pet ashes after their owners had them cremated. A lot of people who live in apartments would walk their pets around the grounds, and I guess thats where they wanted the final resting place to be. Both had a picture of the dog and the dogs name tag in with the ashes. I reburied them, and was on my way. Maybe next time it will be a tin of coins !

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat find:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
justanotherpulltab

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
Very nice. That had to be exciting. I have dug 2 different tin containers (at separate times) out in the woods (forest preserves) and was very excited until I opened them to find pet ashes after their owners had them cremated. A lot of people who live in apartments would walk their pets around the grounds, and I guess thats where they wanted the final resting place to be. Both had a picture of the dog and the dogs name tag in with the ashes. I reburied them, and was on my way. Maybe next time it will be a tin of coins !

Lol yes i wouldn't want to find that...luckily I didn't

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread