jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A group of isolated Indians in Peru ? unseen by people for decades ? have created a stir after they suddenly emerged from hiding and began attacking tourists with bow and arrows.

The advocacy group Survival International released photos of the tribe, which they describe as the "most detailed sightings of uncontacted Indians ever recorded on camera."

Known as the Mashco-Piro Indians, this once insular Peruvian tribe has been seen recently near Man? National Park. And with the sightings, have come attacks from the tribe that have startled and scared away environmental tourists.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/li...tacks-tourists/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz1lB5aJP40

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I say leave them alone and leave them there. If they get civilized they will come to the USA, probably California, and just add to our welfare rolls. Everyone is better off with them there. ;D

MichaelMartin

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i'll say is keep people off their land or out of their territory. Let them live as they want to and as they have lived for as long as they have existed. But of course that wont happen and another culture and its people will be destroyed.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MichaelMartin said:
All i'll say is keep people off their land or out of their territory. Let them live as they want to and as they have lived for as long as they have existed. But of course that wont happen and another culture and its people will be destroyed.

I bet this will not make me popular! I agree with this statement. Every time a stone age civilization is introduced to the mechanical age they become dependents, (except for an exceptional few individuals). The concepts that regulate civilized people are foreign to them. There are still examples of this hundreds of years later.

This is only a small part of it, but is factual ( if we were to be honest and politically incorrect).

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously though, I would think that, eventually, the plant life and wildlife they depend upon for their survival will eventually not be enough to sustain these people so, then what? Do we, or that country's government, not intervene and let them become extinct like so many other tribes or should they be "rescued" and become wards of the state so-to-speak? Either way their culture is destroyed. They are already dependent upon the modern world to keep them secluded and it is costing government/s money to do that. They only exist due to protection; no protection, no tribe.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH NO! Packerbacker has turned this thread towards logic! This cannot be good! Where is my popcorn!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah the bliss of never knowing the name Kardashian. *sigh* :laughing1:

BTW, what's an "environmental tourist"? Sounds oxymoronic.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
Ah the bliss of never knowing the name Kardashian. *sigh* :laughing1:

BTW, what's an "environmental tourist"? Sounds oxymoronic.

My guess an "environmental tourist" is a person
who Goes there, takes Pictures & Brags they did it
to Protect the Enviroment :tongue3:

Sort of like a Buisness that Hires by Color of Skin,
Or Disability First,
then calls themselves an Equal opportunity Buisness.

To make themseves Feel & look Good

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I have a suspicion that this "uncontacted tribe" is actually protecting some drug lord's fields in the area. Get much closer and I bet those bows & arrows would be quickly replaced with AK-47's....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zephyr said:
I have a suspicion that this "uncontacted tribe" is actually protecting some drug lord's fields in the area. Get much closer and I bet those bows & arrows would be quickly replaced with AK-47's....

would be the Ultimate Smoke screen :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread