Under the boardwalk

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday I passed one of the local beaches and noticed an MDer working the area. I didn't have time to join in but I did today. But instead of doing the beach I decided to work an area under the boardwalk.
$3.67 (and lots more in trash) later, I headed back to work. But not before one of the NYC Park Enforcement Officers checked my permit.

After work I headed back to a park I've been to before with a bit of success. This time I worked the picnic area around all the tables. Only $.93. But all in all, at least I can keep myself in batteries.

Upvote 0

Spartacus

Aug 17, 2007
Not bad clad in two days, good hunting there. By the way, how much do they charge for a permit in NYC and where do you get them? At least in NJ hunting is free so long as you steer clear of state parks, and unfortunately we have a ton of them

Bill

OP
OP
LMC 620

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The permit is free. You can call the NYC Parks Dept. for an application and you don't have to be a resident.
Certain parks and beaches only. The number to call is 212-360-2779

Spartacus

Aug 17, 2007
Thanks a million for the information and telephone number. I'll call them tomorrow and try to get a permit by next week. I used to live on SI years ago, but I still go back to visit friends. I'm sure there's a ton of clad awaiting at South Beach :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread