Under the ice

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Take your water machine!

Took almost two bucks in change at the sledding hill this morning. Problem is the bottom has 2" to 10" of slush covered by anywhere from 3" to 8" of very chilly water. That's the end of the run and consequently where most of the goodies come from. Had no coins that had sunk all the way to the grass, all were at least two inches up from the ground.

The CZ-20 is the miracle machine here, I can read it's song and know almost exactly where in the ice or slush the goodies are. Deepest was a quarter under 8" of slush, topped off by about 5" of water. Only one dime was on the surface, all others were at least 4" deep. No bling this morning.

Couldn't stay long, fell down hard and soaked it in. With the three blown disks in the back, that pretty much drove me out. But I did get out! Yehaww! Might stretch out a little, defrost the arse and go back this afternoon. Tomorrow for sure. Maybe get some galoshes with cleets.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Congrats on getting out and doing some detecting Tim!

Two bucks is better than no bucks in my book.

Sounds like it was a challenge to say the least. The snow is melting so those gold rings are going to be right on the surface! Gotta get out there before the kiddies pick them up!

Hmm.... I was going to go maybe Sunday, but today looks like the snow will be completely melted. I guess there would be no reason for the kids to go to the hill if the snow was melted though so maybe sunday is still an ok day.

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
A little too stormy for me this afternoon, and I gotta get some more strecthing in before I beat my back up again. Tomorrow morning looks good!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice finds Tim!
Glad to see you're up and around, but don't overdue it.
Mike

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt bud!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions