Underwater Metal Detecting

Roxy

Aug 10, 2008
Jackson NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 & DetectPro
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but it seems to fit this part of the forum. I just wanted to let my fellow scuba divers and fellow metal detectors know that my Underwater Metal Detecting specialty outline was approved by PADI. I can now teach underwater metal detecting to my fellow scuba divers.
The best part of this is I can now combine two hobbies that I enjoy and pass the enjoyment on to others who would like to do the same.

Thanks for letting me share my good news.

Roxy

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roxy the scuba and metal detecting go together like milk and cookies. Once you start scuba there isn't a whole lot to do down there but take pictures of fish and swim. Once you start detecting the bottom the air tanks never seem big enough as you want to spend more bottom time.

I upgraded to hookah for the extra bottom time and the lack of wasted time to get tanks refilled.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Congrats on getting certified!!

As far as Hookah is concerned, what cost is involved, how deep can you go, etc. Is there a post, topic, or website with information reguarding it?

Congrats and thanks!
Anthony

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, been doing it for years and enjoying every minute of it. Happy to see that PADI is on board.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions