Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Excalibur - Life will be very good after that purchase!

OP
OP
shadowdfx

shadowdfx

Jul 15, 2012
Tampa
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will look that one up!

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fisher 1280x.goes 250 ft and less than half the cost of the excalibur

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to do some underwater metal detecting. I currently have a whites dfx for the beach but was looking for something to use in the surf. Any recommendations would be great.
Thanks.
Tim

The 1280 may not be the best choice for saltwater beaches if you also have black sand along with the salt. Terry suggests the Sand Shark which is the deepest, but lacks good disc, I think your best choice is the CZ-21 or Excal II as they both have excellent disc on iron. Both of these are more $$$, but well worth it Someone is going to suggest the AT Pro and if your beach is very mild it could work, but it has only one frequency where as the CZ-21 has two and the Excel 17.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread