unexpected barber half......almost felt guilty (pics)

bigtuna

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2012
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LoneStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, Im new to the forum. i plan on doing some swinging for the first time this summer. Im a junky for all things old, so it seems like a good fit for me lol.

Back to the barber ......i hit a gas station to fill up with fuel....i walk in to pay the attendant, my bill was 38.50 .......i handed the guy two $20 dollar bills.

He starts fumbling the register draw.....he looks a little distraught.....he hands me a single, then in a nervous voice he says "im out of quarters, can i give you a half dollar"........

Of course you can lol i reply.........he hands me the half dollar and i leave.....i didnt think anything of it till i got home and emptied my pockets for the change jar.......

Well here is the half dollar i was given lol.....and he looked like i was gonna refuse it when he gave it to me lol................ sorry for the quality of the cell phone pics...........

IMG-20120325-00043.jpg

IMG-20120325-00042.jpg

Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That would be great!!!!!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice!!! - you can take about $15 bucks off your gas bill- you should go back and ask if he's got any more of them!!! :P that is a great find at a gas station!!!!!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your my "Jesse James".......lol........good score

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder to us all....when you are given silver, or see it in the drawer, always ask about it (after it's in your possession). They may have more, know who has more and are willing to tell. Got many additional that way, even tracked people down before they "spent" them all. Can you say, "cha-ching"?

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Would love to get that change. I wouldnt feel guilty. Some dopey probably took it to buy a pack of smokes.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic! it amazes me, but most store clerks don't have a clue what old coins are, or they think they are foreign or something. good score for you though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread