Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello guys! I was finally able to metal detect again now that the snow was gone. The first place that I went to was just in the woods right behind my house, which I have hunted heavily in the past. It was once the farm fields that belonged to my house, which was built in around the 1740's. I used to be able to find three or four early flat buttons every couple hours or so there, not bad for a place right outside your front door. I didn't find anything there today though. I then called it a day and started to walk back to the house with my metal detector. I decided though, just for fun, I would check the little gravel patch right in front of the entrance to of where an early 1900's shed was. The shed accidentally got knocked last year after a man we hired to remove trees accidentally dropped a tree on it :BangHead:. I was surprised to get a pretty nice hit among all the iron, less than one inch deep. I barely had to dig before the dime was out of the hole. I picked it up, and saw the reverse first. The reverse was silver colored, but a little dark, I immediately assumed that it was modern dime with little corrosion. I looked at the edge when flipping it over and noticed it was silver, then I looked at the date on the front, 1946! I was surprised finding a silver less than an inch deep in the sandy gravel. I then moved a little farther down, to hard packed rocks and dirt. I got another surface signal, a 1913 wheat penny. It got dark so I went inside after that. At 5pm today when I got home I went back out, and found another two wheat pennies, another 1913 and a 1918 (which I hit with the shovel). I also found a thin iron buckle, and an old pocket knife in the grass in the side yard (only good thing I have ever found there). I am still disappointed that all the grass around the house has been heavily hunted by people who either lived before us, or were given permission. At least no one thought to check around the gravel though, and I was able to find my first silver of the year, and my first silver Roosevelt dime ever!
DSC_0219.JPG DSC_0225.JPG DSC_0226.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good first hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Congrats on stumbling over that hidden hot spot. Just might cough up some more round from the ground, and I remember the tree/shed fiasco last year...glad that you got that behind you, what a mess! (Literally). Ddf

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice to get again, right? HH

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice day.Congrats :thumbsup:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice digs and creativity! I find that sometimes silver ends up dark if it was near a cedar tree.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You saved big time on gas money on those two hunts! The last three times I've tried at my house I came up with nothing. I need to hit it one last time before I sell it. Good work on your coin finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions