Unexpected Silver Today

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont post very often but I thought today was an exception. My daughter and I spend many hours hunting, coin roll hunting, ect.. Today she called me from school and at lunch in her change she said was a 1899 nickel. At first I was like ya right ok lol. Then she said she was serious so I got excited for 2 reasons. 1, that she actually did get the coin. Second that I trained her or she watched me enough to see that I always check my change and it looks like she does too. Im happy all the way around on this one and very proud of her also.

Attachments

• 1899nickel.jpg
    1899nickel.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twister said:
I dont post very often but I thought today was an exception. My daughter and I spend many hours hunting, coin roll hunting, ect.. Today she called me from school and at lunch in her change she said was a 1899 nickel. At first I was like ya right ok lol. Then she said she was serious so I got excited for 2 reasons. 1, that she actually did get the coin. Second that I trained her or she watched me enough to see that I always check my change and it looks like she does too. Im happy all the way around on this one and very proud of her also.

You must have an exceptional daughter. Most would have dropped it in their pocket, while
wondering if they'd have enough for a soda after school. :laughing9:

Come to think of it, most adults would have done basically the same thing. :laughing7: :laughing7:
Congratulations to you and your daughter!!

Eagle

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeap, she's a sharp one, good find.... congratulation to the both of you... :icon_thumleft:

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a chip of the old block......congrats on a great find....not too far from you ....I am in Mena......maybe I will find some of those in my change tooo.....tell her to keep her eyes peeled....she might find another one......see ya later... :thumbsup:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go Twister! Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone dipped their hand into daddy's collection for milk money!

Good eye on that one!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell her Congrats on her great fine and to the proud daddy that taught her :hello2:

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You trained her well very nice, my boys would have said duh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread