Unexpected teller tray find...OMG!

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought for sure she would say she was saving it...but no. It cost me one dollar. The fastest dollar I ever spent.

20150420_103333.jpg

My first ever!

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
You know 100 years ago, what you did was a norm. Hard to believe how we gotten to the system of banking we have today. Nice luck, being at the right place at the right time.

I'll play devils Advocate. 100 years ago I suspect it was difficult to turn in say 4 silver quarters for a capped bust silver dollar. I suspect it was even more difficult to turn in a roll of silver half dollars for a $10 draped bust gold piece. For the most part, old and rare coins have been hordes by those in the know, and there have been coin collectors since coins first started being minted.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll play devils Advocate. 100 years ago I suspect it was difficult to turn in say 4 silver quarters for a capped bust silver dollar. I suspect it was even more difficult to turn in a roll of silver half dollars for a $10 draped bust gold piece. For the most part, old and rare coins have been hordes by those in the know, and there have been coin collectors since coins first started being minted.

Lol a capped bust silver dollar, I wish, but I'm sure in 1915, someone could turn in a silver certificate and get a Morgan dollar coin. I agree with you about the bust and what not, by then those would be collector items. Just like how we are searching for silver coins, I bet some lucky teller in 1915, was super excited when someone turned in a roll of capped bust or anything older.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol a capped bust silver dollar, I wish, but I'm sure in 1915, someone could turn in a silver certificate and get a Morgan dollar coin. I agree with you about the bust and what not, by then those would be collector items. Just like how we are searching for silver coins, I bet some lucky teller in 1915, was super excited when someone turned in a roll of capped bust or anything older.
Why 1915? I turned in many silver certificates for Morgans before 1964. I still have 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread