kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
unexpecteted "treasure" hunt today

I was out at my pistol range and comparing loads for the .45ACP. I got a wild hair to change recoil springs to see if it would help my weak ejection problem. The thing has always dumped the brass on the top of my boonie hat. Really not bad, because I don't have to hunt all over 40 acres for them.
When I swung the barrell bushing to the right.. the recoil spring plug went into low orbit over the cab of the pick up and dissapeared over the hood. Damn! I walked around in the shin high grass for 15 minutes befor I decided to head on home and dig out my spare plug. When I opened the tool box, there was my "back up" detector. Five minutes later I was putting holes in targets.
The pictures show why I reload, besides being cheaper. (10 paces with sandbag rest)

Attachments

• IMAG0004 (Medium).JPG
    IMAG0004 (Medium).JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0006 (Medium).JPG
    IMAG0006 (Medium).JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 143

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: unexpecteted "treasure" hunt today

Evidently a great job on the reloading, kenley. :icon_thumright: :headbang:

What was the factory load (if you don't mind? :dontknow: )

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the comments BGO....The factory hard ball is the Winchester in the white box. I have some left over from a match about 20 years ago. Looks like I need to shoot em all up and find something else to carry. All this lawyer talk about having to shoot someone with handloads or hollow points has me spooked. However, the cops use H.P.
That Lee tumble lube bullet works better than anything I have ever used.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Reloading is a good family time event around our parts. We are getting into it more and more as time goes by. I think we would wear out all of our guns before we went through our ammo. :icon_thumleft: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread