Unintentional quarter!

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
The teller had $6.50 in halves, gave her $7.00 and got the halves (skunk) and 2 quarters back...one was a 1962! :icon_thumleft: I had to ask if she had any more of the "older ones" like the one she just gave me, hoping that someone turned a few in from a collection, but there were no more. I haven't found a silver quarter in the wild in years, so it was a nice find for me. Surprise silver like that is always great ;D

Also picked up a box of dimes....hopefully something comes out of that one to end my 6 dime box skunk streak.

Upvote 0

silvernd

Oct 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I love getting dump silver. I've found as much silver while dumping the last 16 boxes as I found in the 16 boxes themselves!

SilverQuest

Oct 23, 2010
Oklahoma/Kansas border
When I first got into this hobby ( about 1 yr ago),I found a 1948 quarter out in the wild from a convenience store. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until after I had left. I should have gone back to see if they had more, but I digress.

I had been having a bad run so I gave up on CRHing for a while.

Last week I had to get some quarters. I looked thru all of them as they were clear wrapped. Wouldn't ya know it I found another silver quarter(1964)! :headbang: :headbang:

They are out there although rare. Definitely relights a fire!

HH

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. She was probably saving that qtr for herself in the top of her tray & didn't realize she gave it away until you walked out the door. Probably cussing like a sailor as you got into your car!

HH
BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread