union campsite,lower potomac riv.,md(tues)

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
propointer,350,AT pro(rarely use,prefer 350).
Primary Interest:
Other
2nd camp firing range a few hundred yds. from the 1st 1 i found in early dec.(over 200 .69 musketballs & a few .69 minies).these are .58 minies,a few .577 enfield(2 w/plugs),top & bottom of a 3 part "shaler" & a possible revolving rifle slug.i assume these were dif.units w/dif. weapons. DSCN2036.JPG 064.jpg 066.jpg 074.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We hunt a place at one of our camps that has a "bullet bank". You can dig a pocket full of bullets in just a couple minutes. I try only to go there when I'm in a slump or having a slow day. Lots of fun
Nice hunt

HH, Relic Nut

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should try and find where they were shooting from, maybe they dropped something or fell off there uniform. Good job

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lead bank, lol
Good site to have.

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to detecting and just one civil war era bullet is on my bucket list and here you are finding them by the bucket load. They aren't as easy to come by here in MO. There were a lot of skirmishes but not many large battles. The skirmishes take a lot of research to find.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pile of old civ lead.Sweet catch on the shaler pieces,one pretty dog on rare bullet,all these year I have never even found one piece of one.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really large amount of bullets. Congrats.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to detecting and just one civil war era bullet is on my bucket list and here you are finding them by the bucket load. They aren't as easy to come by here in MO. There were a lot of skirmishes but not many large battles. The skirmishes take a lot of research to find.

IMO Being From MO It should be Worth more $ , but Ill bet to you it would be "Priceless".
GL

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!! & FUN to Dig ill bet.

Wow! Your 2 ed Firing range since Dec, .
Def, a fun dig to see what will come out next.
Davers

S

swingbeepdig

We hunt a place at one of our camps that has a "bullet bank". You can dig a pocket full of bullets in just a couple minutes. I try only to go there when I'm in a slump or having a slow day. Lots of fun
Nice hunt

HH, Relic Nut

Let's go o only found one in my lifetime here in nj where I live.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice pile of old civ lead.Sweet catch on the shaler pieces,one pretty dog on rare bullet,all these year I have never even found one piece of one.

Agreed! Shocked somebody would waste one in a target bank. In my many years, I have ONE middle piece.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible! :thumbsup: That site has to be a ton of fun to dig. I still get excited digging a couple Sharpe's bullets. Ha.

OP
OP
8mygritz

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
i've been all over that area & found dropped 1's on the other side of the creek(north,where the hut holes were)..that area has been well hunted(of course)for yrs..i've been going out there for a yr now & would only find a few things after hrs.of hunting.1 day after several hrs(w/nothing)it dawned on me,chk.the hills out on the other side of the creek......there had to be a firing range somewhere in a camp that large.the very 1st hill i chked was the spot......very lucky!it's hard to imagine that it had been missed for so long.it was curious that there were just roundballs(i had found dropped minies in other places).that's what made me seek out another site.i was going to search that whole side of the creek that day.i literally walked from my car straight to the site....talk about luck!i wasn't out of my car more than 15 mins(the creek was a 1/4 ml.away),when i started digging & i didn't stop for 4 hrs.the shortest amount of hunting/digging time & the most amount of stuff for me ever!about 70 slugs.

OP
OP
8mygritz

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
i wish i could find some more stuff like that....i'm burnt out on bullets!if u live in the md.va area & want to share info about sites,please contact me.

OP
OP
8mygritz

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
want to share some site info?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions