Unique Silver "Cuff Link" Oxfordshire Military Button #3 1915 Panama Pacific Fob Etc.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unique Silver "Cuff Link" Oxfordshire Military Button #3 1915 Panama Pacific Fob Etc.

Howdy Folks. Ya' really never know what could be lurking just beneath your coil. Don't let the signal fool you into NOT digging "trash" signals on historic old sights. I was digging a handful of Mason jar lids on a sight and was recovering my third one when I scanned the dirt and hole and heard a solid 72 on my Impact. I pinpointed a very unique looking silver Cuff Link I believe. It has a padlock crafted on the end of the shaft. COOL as HECK! It is not stamped with any silver markings but, I am nearly positive this is an old silver cuff link thingy. Any help on identification is highly appreciated. I have never seen anything like it before.

I got my third 1880's Oxfordshire British Cavalry Button, 1915 Panama Pacific Fob, some old wheat pennies, an old tiny flat button, and various other relics as well. My mind is whirling over what the silver cuff link may be? Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 011.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 010.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 009.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 012.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 013.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 014.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 015.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 016.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 003.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 002.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 006.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 007.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 018.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 019.JPG Old Flat Button Ploughed Garden 002.JPG Old Flat Button Ploughed Garden 003.JPG Old Flat Button Ploughed Garden 004.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 021.JPG Silver Cuff Link Tooties 1915 Fob Oxferdshire #3 017.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 11

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice assortment of finds.
Try a little baking soda and water, (paste), on the Cufflink to see if it cleans up like silver.
Congratulations on your finds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try a little baking soda and water, (paste), on the Cufflink to see if it cleans up like silver.

You can also take a piece of tin foil folded 2" sq. in a solution of baking soda and water. Boil it on the stove with enough water to cover the find which sits on top of the foil.

Very cool find along with the fob, both of the finds I haven't seen posted up before. Congrats!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SOME HAVE ALLTHE LUCK. NICE FINDS

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The heart lock button is cool!

Heart Lock, eh? Have you ever seen another one like this or similar? I'd love to see other examples and get some details about this find. Thanks for chiming in mate.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also take a piece of tin foil folded 2" sq. in a solution of baking soda and water. Boil it on the stove with enough water to cover the find which sits on top of the foil.

Very cool find along with the fob, both of the finds I haven't seen posted up before. Congrats!

Until I find out what it is I am going to leave it alone for fear of destroying it. It looks very old and silver which could make rare and somewhat valuable. I have more investigating to do. Thanks for the tip.:hello:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt! Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man you find an amazing amount of cool stuff! congrats

Well, thanks mate. I occasionally show how much trash I have to sift through to get the few cool keepers and it's a bunch! Also blessed with some old history and permissions is key. I do love my little town and the stuff it has produced. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement they give me.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the tip my friend. I am going to try and find out just what I have before I go and destroy it like I have in the past with some cool finds. If you noticed the fob which was recovered intact fell victim to my clumsy handling and a dropped relic broken.:BangHead: I'd like to get a date of the relic and rarity before cleaning it much more. See ya' later and get some good stuff your self mate!:hello:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very unique and cool finds.
Keep em coming