💵 FOR SALE Unique waterproofed Sovereign GT

jcono

Aug 31, 2011
So I bought this very unique unit from a well regarded member here on TN. Turns out I am not doing the water hunting I originally thought I'd do- I'm actually more apt to hunt the dirt these days as I don't get to the beach much now- and this may not be the best machine for a newbie like myself- so I am looking to sell it and possibly get a stock Sov down the road.

This Sov GT is built into an Ikelite waterproof case, and can be completely submerged. As you can see in the pics most controls are accessible with the case closed; Black Widow Headphones are connected to the unit thru the case, so they of course come with the sale- the coil is a Sunray S-12, which is hardwired into the box, so you can't just swap out coils, but this is a great coil to have with the Sov GT from what I know. Comes with a AA battery pack- I HAD a NiCad battery, seems I lost it though- if I find it I will mail it to the buyer at my expense. Also there is a side belt bracket so you can belt it to your waist... recently I lost the &^#%@$ nylon belt, but you could probably pick one up very cheaply.

All controls work fine, but one minor thing- the power knob doesn't stop when turned, it will just go 360. Probably a result of the modding because the control shafts had to be extended. It does not effect performance, just putting it out there in the interest of full disclosure! And that said, any sale is final... this is a heavy unit; not for everyone, but for the right (probably more experienced) hunter it will be an awesome piece of equipment!

Interested... contact me for more info. Asking $775, buyer pays shipping. I am not interested in shipping outside the U.S. I hope the pics do it justice!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 989
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 518
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 671
  • 994.jpg
    994.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 999.jpg
    999.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 363

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong here - it is a nice looking machine- but- won't you have to add weight's to get that airtite box to submerge. Or is the box just to keep the electronics dry while searching the shallows? HH yelnif...

OP
OP
J

jcono

Aug 31, 2011
Don't get me wrong here - it is a nice looking machine- but- won't you have to add weight's to get that airtite box to submerge. Or is the box just to keep the electronics dry while searching the shallows? HH yelnif...

I don't mind the question at all- it gives me a chance to clarify. This detector will float; that's what you want it to do, I believe it is best used for up to chest deep water, not really for diving.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to own this custom sov. It floats, I had a dive belt and shoulder harness set up on it, I would release the belt when I went over waist deep and was able to hunt chest deep with it

I sold it about a year ago to finance an ETrac purchase. It was an excellent mod on the sov gt, never leaked on me. The sov is suspended in the box so if by chance it did leak it would be protected for at least 3 inches of water.

The controls were extended to the outside of the box, knob turning past the off position should not be an issue as long as you make a point to stop at off, worst that would happen would be running your battery down.

If I had had the cash for the ETrac I would not have sold it but it was hard to justify the cost of the ETrac to the wife when I already owned 5 detectors...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks for the info TH. I'm sure the modifications were done correctly if you had them done.

OP
OP
J

jcono

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks very much for your input, TH... it certainly should give this machine credibility.

I use to own this custom sov. It floats, I had a dive belt and shoulder harness set up on it, I would release the belt when I went over waist deep and was able to hunt chest deep with it

I sold it about a year ago to finance an ETrac purchase. It was an excellent mod on the sov gt, never leaked on me. The sov is suspended in the box so if by chance it did leak it would be protected for at least 3 inches of water.

The controls were extended to the outside of the box, knob turning past the off position should not be an issue as long as you make a point to stop at off, worst that would happen would be running your battery down.

If I had had the cash for the ETrac I would not have sold it but it was hard to justify the cost of the ETrac to the wife when I already owned 5 detectors...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Got the Sovereign GT today. GREAT Machine. I CAN SEE MODIFYING IT A LITTLE MORE FOR MY USE. VERY HAPPY. THANKS. Hope you enjoy your machine...Stuart.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the Sovereign GT today. GREAT Machine. I CAN SEE MODIFYING IT A LITTLE MORE FOR MY USE. VERY HAPPY. THANKS. Hope you enjoy your machine...Stuart.

Good luck, I really enjoyed it when I owned it.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Thanks TH. JUST NEED TO ADD A PP/DISCRIMINATE BUTTON IN THE HANDLE AND I WILL BE HAPPY I THINK.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
TH. I THINK YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS MOD...STUART

OP
OP
J

jcono

Aug 31, 2011
Sure hope it brings you many great finds, Stuart! I look forward to using the un-modded Sov!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread