United Kingdom - Shipwreck

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
If you want, you could look into the Batavier V. While looking into it, I came across a plan to salvage the ship shortly after it was sunk, but I couldn't find any information about whether it actually was or not. Here are the vital stats, if you are interested:
NAME: Batavier V
FLAG: Dutch
DATE: May 16, 1916
LOCATION: Outer Gabbard Shoal - 30 Miles East of Harwich (approximately 51.58N, 01.58E)
ROUTE: London - Rotterdam
CAUSE: Sunk by mine from German Sub UC-6
BUILT: 1902 - Gourlay Bros. & Co., Dundee
Owner: Wm. H. Muller & Co., Algemeene Scheepv. Mij, Rotterdam
TONNAGE: 1,562 Tons
CARGO: 14 Cases of Gold ($70,000 value at time of loss)
NOTE: The ship was previously captured as a prize in 1915 by German Sub U-28 but later returned by a prize court. There were plans to salvage the vessel shortly after loss.

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want, you could look into the Batavier V. While looking into it, I came across a plan to salvage the ship shortly after it was sunk, but I couldn't find any information about whether it actually was or not. Here are the vital stats, if you are interested:
NAME: Batavier V
FLAG: Dutch
DATE: May 16, 1916
LOCATION: Outer Gabbard Shoal - 30 Miles East of Harwich (approximately 51.58N, 01.58E)
ROUTE: London - Rotterdam
CAUSE: Sunk by mine from German Sub UC-6
BUILT: 1902 - Gourlay Bros. & Co., Dundee
Owner: Wm. H. Muller & Co., Algemeene Scheepv. Mij, Rotterdam
TONNAGE: 1,562 Tons
CARGO: 14 Cases of Gold ($70,000 value at time of loss)
NOTE: The ship was previously captured as a prize in 1915 by German Sub U-28 but later returned by a prize court. There were plans to salvage the vessel shortly after loss.

All was salvaged afterwards... ! :laughing7:

I just made you save a lot of money not to go further on this wreck story...
The Batavier V : Lost gold in cold water

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread