United States Treasure Atlas Volume #7 by Thomas P. Terry

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was giving a member some info out of this book on N.Y.,and he asked where to buy it,and i told him.
He answered that it was out of print or very expensive....i thought funny i used to sell them in my shop early 90s for $9.95 or $19.95 it was $19.95...and he sent me a link that is Buying/Selling them from $500.00 to $4000.00
Could this be true ?
if so i`m selling mine on here .
Thanks Gary Picture 56.jpg

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: United States Treasure Atlas: A Complete State Map Guide to Lost, Buried & Sunken Treasure, Vol. 7: New Mexico-New York-North Carolina-North Dakota-Ohio

Last edited:

Oledigger

Greenie
Sep 11, 2004
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3 , Whites XLT
I looked this up on Amazon and the prices are as you say. I don't understand why this book is priced so high when all the others are under $50.00 most of them being between 10 and 15 dollars. If this is a true price, I have the whole set that has been kept in plastic and in pristeen condition.

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense, but IMO, anyone that spends this much for this book just has more cents than they have sense. This is crazy!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
G.A.P. Metal:

There are a lot of books on Amazon with an astonishing high price. I don't know why people bother to list those. I seriously doubt they are being sold for that.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

PS: I would be interested in a copy of Terry's World Treasure Atlas - but not at a gaudy price like that...

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Old Bookaroo
Ya it seems to be out of line for this book...i bet he won`t sell many at that price.
Mine are for sale Vol. #7 and #8 .
Gary

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been an Amazon Prime Seller in books for years. I've found books on obscure subjects can command high prices and if they are the only ones available people often put their prices way high hoping someone out there just has to have that book. All it takes is for another seller to list one and you can see the price drop dramatically. I once found a book in a flea market that was listing at $1300. When I listed mine at $900, they dropped to $500 and we both ended up around $15 which was the real market value for that book.

Then there are the auto-price wars. I use a service that reprices my inventory automatically to make sure my listings stay near the top of the sellers list. When you have the only listing for that book, the price won't change but if someone else lists the same book and they use a re-pricing service too, sometimes those re-price bots can get in a loop pricing against each other automatically. Next thing you know, both books are hundreds or thousands of dollars. Then if a third listing comes in the price will collapse again. It's a strange world, Amazon.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that explains it!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
This Thread brings up something that makes me sick! I purchased an old White's Goldmaster 66T Metal Detector about 4 years from an elderly lady. The MD was her dad's and he was some sort of Geology and Gemology Professor that traveled the world looking for Gold, Silver, Platinum, Gems, etc. and treasures. They were clearing out stuff from his' home after he passed and along with the MD, she gave me a big box of Treasure magazines. There was just about every Treasure magazine published from some times in the 1960's through the 1970's in the box and every volume of these during that time period and they were in excellent condition. I had no place to store them so I sat that box along the wall in my' garage. Well after 4 years of drawing moisture from rainy and foggy periods and snows, some of them had suffered. Then along comes my daughter cleaning out my' garage to make room. She sat the box outside overnight and wouldn't you know it, a heavy downpour came and destroyed the whole lot. I would bet that I could have sold them peice meal or in lots and made $1,000 or more off of them. I had checked quite a few of them and there were some great Treasure stories that will probably never be written about or told again.:BangHead:

Frank

Plantation

May 10, 2012
Louisville, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett.. ACE 250
Garrett.. GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer x3
New Pro-Pro-Pointer AT on order
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
United States Treasure Atlas Volume #7 by Thomas P. Terry I am seeking to purchase this book but not at Amazon or ebay prices. HELP, in Ohio.
Does anyone have one to sell?
Thanks....Jim, aka Plantation

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread